Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Furnace-1.0.2 for Nexus 4 [AOSP][7/21/2014][BiDi-S2S][S2D][LZ4]

Tip us?

sidnoit22
Old
Thanks Meter 468

DONATE TO ME
This is the best kernel i have been on so far. Looking forward to updates and more awsome and stable stuff. @savoca

Device: mako
ROM: Android L Developer Preview
Kernel: Stock ROM
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1
Radio: .03
The Following User Says Thank You to sidnoit22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadeMe
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Gonna try this out now that ak has reached EOL. But it seems that the Universal Kernel Manager/Synapse don't support Furnace. Could that be rectified?

XsceneXhippieX
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeMe View Post
Gonna try this out now that ak has reached EOL. But it seems that the Universal Kernel Manager/Synapse don't support Furnace. Could that be rectified?
i flashed the newest UKM and am using synapse with this kernel right now, soooo its somewhat compatible, only some things in the sound part of synapse dont seem to work for me
use the thanks button if ive helped you

like skateboarding? check THIS out : )
http://www.facebook.com/TJ.Halbert.skateboarding

"life is too imporant to be taken seriously"

shadeMe
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsceneXhippieX View Post
i flashed the newest UKM and am using synapse with this kernel right now, soooo its somewhat compatible, only some things in the sound part of synapse dont seem to work for me
Hmm, you're correct. I uninstalled and reflashed UKM, and it would appear that most of Synapse's setting work. The CPU voltage pane is a bit wonky though. Speaking of, does anyone have a stable undervolt table? I'm on a Faster binned CPU and back when I was running AK's kernel, I'd just go for a -100uV across the board. But Furnace's default voltages seem to be fairly high to begin with.

savoca
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmm, you're correct. I uninstalled and reflashed UKM, and it would appear that most of Synapse's setting work. The CPU voltage pane is a bit wonky though. Speaking of, does anyone have a stable undervolt table? I'm on a Faster binned CPU and back when I was running AK's kernel, I'd just go for a -100uV across the board. But Furnace's default voltages seem to be fairly high to begin with.
I'm using Google's frequency table actually.

Also note to everyone: I'll be moving the 'download/changelog' links in the OP to this wiki: http://wiki.codefi.re/display/~savoca/LG+Nexus+4 so I can drop savoca.co and maintain downloads/changelogs from one central location. Also I just popped my SIM in the n4 so I can give this device more attention. :P
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to savoca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadeMe
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoca View Post
I'm using Google's frequency table actually.

Also note to everyone: I'll be moving the 'download/changelog' links in the OP to this wiki: http://wiki.codefi.re/display/~savoca/LG+Nexus+4 so I can drop savoca.co and maintain downloads/changelogs from one central location. Also I just popped my SIM in the n4 so I can give this device more attention. :P
Ah, I stand corrected - My apologies. I suppose the extra zeros put me off By the way, thanks very much for working on the Nexus 4!

savoca
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ah, I stand corrected - My apologies. I suppose the extra zeros put me off By the way, thanks very much for working on the Nexus 4!
No problem! There's a few ways to make a voltage interface, but when exposing the table to sysfs (for the app) some implementations scale the final value down by 1000. So a voltage reading 850 is actually 850000. It depends on how your dev added the implantation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to savoca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wassupdog
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsceneXhippieX View Post
im on mahdi rom with the one plus one dalvik binaries and the late june release of the GPU drivers on this kernel and overclocked to the top and undervolted with DT2W enabled im getting similar battery life to when i was on AK kernel underclocked to 1.3Ghz and no DT2W enabled undervolted the same amount i currently am, all ive got to say is either mahdi, the extra zips i flashed with it, or this kernel is amazing on battery life, i would reccommend trying this kernel out if you want awesome battery and great performance
Thank you very much, I will try this kernel.

-----------
Can somebody tell me which app should I use to control this kernel?
Thanks in advance.

aviz1911
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wassupdog View Post
Thank you very much, I will try this kernel.

-----------
Can somebody tell me which app should I use to control this kernel?
Thanks in advance.
@savoca made all the changes regarding dt2w, Eco mode etc features to work better with trickster mod app. And also he recommends it for everyone who uses furnace kernel. So, that clears your doubt right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
My Facebook - If you want to ADD me

My Google+ - If you want to HANGOUT me

INCEPTION KERNEL - If you want to FLASH me

My Address - If you want to KILL me