5,597,647 Members 33,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL]intersectRaven's Kernel - 20130410_15XX

Tip us?

stacio88
Old
Thanks Meter 108
I flashed the stable kernel this morning and so far its really smooth. I think I'll be sticking to this kernel if battery life is good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

phewizzo
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Kernel battery life is very good so far. Im at 87 and 1 hour screen on time on AT&T network. IR have you included any of the new touchscreen drivers that recently came out?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
I have been on XDA forums for a LONG time, 2007 with my Palm Treo before any android was out, I have lurked on this forum since, never spoke and stood quiet and Im glad there are so much people supporting android development, so much people making android 1000000X better then stock. Keep it coming guys.

PHONE - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 2 & T-Mobile Nexus One
Rom - Experimenting with all!
SD Card - 16 GB Class 4

stacio88
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by phewizzo View Post
Kernel battery life is very good so far. Im at 87 and 1 hour screen on time on AT&T network. IR have you included any of the new touchscreen drivers that recently came out?

What governor are you running?

phewizzo
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacio88 View Post
What governor are you running?

Ondemand.

I have been on XDA forums for a LONG time, 2007 with my Palm Treo before any android was out, I have lurked on this forum since, never spoke and stood quiet and Im glad there are so much people supporting android development, so much people making android 1000000X better then stock. Keep it coming guys.

PHONE - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 2 & T-Mobile Nexus One
Rom - Experimenting with all!
SD Card - 16 GB Class 4

intersectRaven
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmPTaz09 View Post
Just flashed the latest test kernel; all seems well so far and will let you know how it goes today. The only thing I tweaked is changing from cfq to bfq; do you recommended that or sticking with cfq or deadline IR?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I actually use BFQ more now since it seems to be more responsive for me as well. I can't recommend anything though since we all have different use cases for our phones. I'm thinking of adding ROW as well since Qualcomm since to have integrated it into their kernel version in CodeAurora and seems to be more focused on flash devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phewizzo View Post

Not really. Can you point me to where I can see those? I don't know if it's ok though to integrate those since if I remember correctly, ClockworkMod didn't work properly when the driver was reverted to a previous version. I don't know if the same is applicable to a more updated version.
LG Nexus 4 Occam 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 - iRom
HTC One 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 - iRom
Nexus 7 (2013) 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 - iRom

Buy me a beer (or something...)
BitCoin donations accepted:
169j1kriHAtqd64mG5curpVxrxsY92Wi47
The Following User Says Thank You to intersectRaven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JmPTaz09
Old
(Last edited by JmPTaz09; 25th December 2012 at 01:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 345
Yeah, I would add ROW for sure; mathkid has it on his kernel and it seemed to run really well.

p.s. kernel seems nice and smooth, but seemed to run pretty hot after awhile and burn battery a bit faster than I'm used to. Flashing back to Matr1x for now but will try the next version. I tried the experimental and the stable by the way.

cpom1
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Been using the latest experimental and its been running pretty smooth. Haven't had any issues and battery life has been decent. I like this kernel so far. Do you think you could add some of the patches Google released for interactive governor and fix the jump to 1024mhz when the screen is touched? That's only thing this is missing so we can get more battery life. I remember battery life was sh** on the nexus one and when I used your kernel it was a night and day difference.

Sent from my Nexus 4

intersectRaven
Old
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpom1 View Post
Been using the latest experimental and its been running pretty smooth. Haven't had any issues and battery life has been decent. I like this kernel so far. Do you think you could add some of the patches Google released for interactive governor and fix the jump to 1024mhz when the screen is touched? That's only thing this is missing so we can get more battery life. I remember battery life was sh** on the nexus one and when I used your kernel it was a night and day difference.

Sent from my Nexus 4
I've been trying to find where the thing that actually forced the frequency jump is but hasn't figured it out so far. I haven't tried forcibly disabling the hooks between the touchscreen driver and the governor so maybe that will work but I don't like doing it that way. I'll look at the Google patches when I have time to look at it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intersectRaven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intersectRaven
Old
Thanks Meter 986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmPTaz09 View Post
Yeah, I would add ROW for sure; mathkid has it on his kernel and it seemed to run really well.

p.s. kernel seems nice and smooth, but seemed to run pretty hot after awhile and burn battery a bit faster than I'm used to. Flashing back to Matr1x for now but will try the next version. I tried the experimental and the stable by the way.

Forgot the multi quote thing... Anyways, is the getting hot thing during use or when idle? The only thing I can think of doing this is when you have an app running during idle OR while in use due to the touch frequency jump thing which I still can't find where in heaven it's being triggered.

cpom1
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by intersectRaven View Post
I've been trying to find where the thing that actually forced the frequency jump is but hasn't figured it out so far. I haven't tried forcibly disabling the hooks between the touchscreen driver and the governor so maybe that will work but I don't like doing it that way. I'll look at the Google patches when I have time to look at it.
Well...its still a great kernel anyway. I like it. Been using it all day and just now got down to 61% of battery. Deep sleep is awesome. Have you thought about any ramdisk tweaks? Don't mind helping you experiment.

Sent from my Nexus 4

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe