Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Mar 10][b49] _motley kernel for the N4 (add faux sound control)

Tip us?

Remoteconcern
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Default Re: [KERNEL][Feb 20][b39] _motley kernel for the N4 (hsic patches back for 4.2.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwebbo1990 View Post
Hi Motley, thank you for such a brilliant kernel! Just one question, on b39 I'm getting around a 16 minute 'alarm_rtc' wakelock and I haven't had the alarm on at all? :/ Just wondered if you knew what was causing this?
Thanks in advance

Oh and one other question, I have a high wake lock (around 40 minutes) of:
'GTALK_ASYNC_CONN_com.Google.android.gsf.gtalkserv ice.AndroidEndpoint'

This only ever seems to appear overnight and never in the day. I have signed out of Google talk and uninstalled the app, I have the 'backup my data' un-ticked and I only have two gmail accounts synced. Has anyone else experiencing this or know the cause? Help would be appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
In my experience it's really hard to reduce that wake lock. But it is caused by Google syncing as far as I know. By the way, talk being present, as long as it's signed out, doesn't seem to have any effect for me and so if you want it back, you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Remoteconcern For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veyka
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2685
Default Re: [KERNEL][Feb 20][b39] _motley kernel for the N4 (hsic patches back for 4.2.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwebbo1990 View Post
Hi Motley, thank you for such a brilliant kernel! Just one question, on b39 I'm getting around a 16 minute 'alarm_rtc' wakelock and I haven't had the alarm on at all? :/ Just wondered if you knew what was causing this?
Thanks in advance

Oh and one other question, I have a high wake lock (around 40 minutes) of:
'GTALK_ASYNC_CONN_com.Google.android.gsf.gtalkserv ice.AndroidEndpoint'

This only ever seems to appear overnight and never in the day. I have signed out of Google talk and uninstalled the app, I have the 'backup my data' un-ticked and I only have two gmail accounts synced. Has anyone else experiencing this or know the cause? Help would be appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
That looks like the Google push notifications system, so it may be caused by an app getting a lot of notifications.

Removing talk might cause more issues with push notifications, it can also be caused by talk losing connection and failing to reconnect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nexus 4
SGS2 Apps safe to remove
Need hosting for your development work? Contact me, maybe I can help.
The Following User Says Thank You to veyka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

air2k57
Old
Thanks Meter 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
Do you happen to have force GPU rendering on?
No, I do not. I'm also having issues with GPS. It has been very cloudy here, but I've never had issues on n4 before. Basically it acquires signal fast but seems to freeze on a location when navigating, before saying that signal was lost. Usually have to force turn it off and on to get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

iPwn_
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Are you planning on adding the CAF GPU updates that Franco and Harsh have added to their kernels? They're supposed to increase performance and reduce power consumption.

gianton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4409

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by air2k57 View Post
No, I do not. I'm also having issues with GPS. It has been very cloudy here, but I've never had issues on n4 before. Basically it acquires signal fast but seems to freeze on a location when navigating, before saying that signal was lost. Usually have to force turn it off and on to get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Today was a cloudy and rainy day, I tested GPS navigation for a couple of hours and everything was bug less. Very fast location lock and accurate position, no freezes or slow downs. B39 is a great kernel for sure.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3 - HTC One
Device History: Samsung Omnia ► HTC Topaz ► HTC HD2 ► HTC Desire ► iPhone 4 ► Galaxy Nexus ► Nexus 4 ► HTC One (Backup) ► Galaxy Note 3

Flashable Zips Fonts | Samsung Keyboard Fonts | MIUI Fonts | Xperia Z1 Keyboard Multi Language | MIUI Info/Fixes for the HTC One | Official MIUI v5 - DISCUSSION, TALK, Q&A Thread

Orion575
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteconcern View Post
Same. And no problems with data speed, or drops. Battery life better than ever.
I've had a couple data drops with a b39, but it is not a big deal for me

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

xcstacy
Old
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
There isn't much difference of battery life for both B38 and B39 for me.
3G on all the time and maximum screen time is around 4 hours. No signal drops or any major problems.

zagzag99
Old
Thanks Meter 1199

Xylon new builds since 22/2 are no longer friends with this kernel.
On attempt of an app to reach the GPS the device hot reboots.
Had to switch to Franco r90.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
My Android Family :
Nexus 4 - CM11+ XPOSED + HellsCore
Nexus 4 - CM11/Nexus 5 Experience + XPOSED + HellsCore
Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.2.2
Nook Color - CM 7.2
HTC HD2 - cLK + NexusHD2 4.4
Nexus One - CM11
Galaxy S 4G - CM9
Galaxy S 4G - Stock GB + OC

thunderger
Old
Thanks Meter 37
With B39 I noticed that I didn't receive incoming messages/notifications if I use WLAN and display is off. After turning on display all messages are coming in. With GSM/UMTS connection notifications are working with screen off - LED is flashing But no hsic wakelocks at the moment and nice battery life.

gianton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4409

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderger View Post
With B39 I noticed that I didn't receive incoming messages/notifications if I use WLAN and display is off. After turning on display all messages are coming in. With GSM/UMTS connection notifications are working with screen off - LED is flashing But no hsic wakelocks at the moment and nice battery life.
No such problem here, I get notifications instantly with screen off and WiFi enabled.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3 - HTC One
Device History: Samsung Omnia ► HTC Topaz ► HTC HD2 ► HTC Desire ► iPhone 4 ► Galaxy Nexus ► Nexus 4 ► HTC One (Backup) ► Galaxy Note 3

Flashable Zips Fonts | Samsung Keyboard Fonts | MIUI Fonts | Xperia Z1 Keyboard Multi Language | MIUI Info/Fixes for the HTC One | Official MIUI v5 - DISCUSSION, TALK, Q&A Thread

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe