5,594,805 Members 36,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Mar 10][b49] _motley kernel for the N4 (add faux sound control)

Tip us?

Matt
Old
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
By the time I explain it, Motley will have posted it, so it's better to be patient for his version than potentially mess something up.
But it's gonna seem faster if I made it myself ;p
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

air2k57
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Default Re: [KERNEL][Feb 17][b37] _motley kernel for the N4 (4.2.2 support added)

Quote:
By the time I explain it, Motley will have posted it, so it's better to be patient for his version than potentially mess something up.
But it is my birthday, present? Please lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by air2k57 View Post
But it is my birthday, present? Please lol

If you want the fastboot version, send me a PM and I'll give it to you. I'm not going to release something I made to the masses in Motley's thread, that'll open a whole can of worms that's best kept closed.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

air2k57
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Default Re: [KERNEL][Feb 17][b37] _motley kernel for the N4 (4.2.2 support added)

Quote:
If you want the fastboot version, send me a PM and I'll give it to you. I'm not going to release something I made to the masses in Motley's thread, that'll open a whole can of worms that's best kept closed.
Just you saying that is enough for me. I'll patiently wait. I might flash stock build anyway, I'm having random issues on cm ;(.

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by air2k57 View Post
Just you saying that is enough for me. I'll patiently wait. I might flash stock build anyway, I'm having random issues on cm ;(.

I just don't want to put out this version in case something hidden is wrong with it (I don't think there is, but I've been running it for about 10 minutes less than the total time b37 has existed, so who knows), if Motley releases it he knows how he did it so if something is wrong he'll be better equipped to help or fix it, I don't want to clutter up his thread with potential problems that aren't related to his official releases.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 286

Just flashed b37 and so far everything is running great. Will report any findings over the next 24 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One - 2.17 Stock (4.2.2) || Nexus 4 - CyanogenMod 10.1 Stable ||

Luigi_2
Old
(Last edited by Luigi_2; 17th February 2013 at 06:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHackz View Post
Any guides on how to do that?
read at the topic "how to complie from source"
Nexus 4 (Mako) - CM11
Nexus 7 (Flo) - CM11
Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) - OmniROM

lazer155
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer155 View Post
I put a vibration control script and a gamma control script into the int.d folder. I also made sure to take off the .txt portion of the file name. However, I'm not sure the script is taking affect. Trickster Mod reports my vibration intensity as being 80 even though my script set it to 70 supposedly. What could I be doing wrong?

The scripts have their permissions set to rwx r-x r-x
Gamma Script:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# Set data color pro presets from shared Google spreadsheet (thanks user acer73!)
# Use LG presents as your starting values and then adjust columns 6 & 7 from the spreadsheet
echo "625 0 100 255 0 0 200 20 48 2" > /sys/devices/platform/mipi_lgit.1537/kgamma_red
echo "625 0 100 255 0 0 200 20 48 2" > /sys/devices/platform/mipi_lgit.1537/kgamma_green
echo "625 0 100 255 0 0 200 20 48 2" > /sys/devices/platform/mipi_lgit.1537/kgamma_blue

#Set the complimentary RGB values for this calibration
echo "175 175 175" > /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_ctrl
Vibration Script:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo "70" > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/amp
Anyone? I have no idea why it wouldn't be working or maybe it is and I just can't tell. Is there a way to double check? I would think I would be able to tell the difference in gamma settings since I was able to see the change between b32 and b35. Also can PACman rom use the AOSP version of motley or does it need CM version? It's a mixture of the 2 roms so I'm not sure which to use.

toge64
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks motley, just trying your b37 on my stock rooted ota 4.2.2 now. 3 hours in, so far so good.

jassycliq
Old
Thanks Meter 628

Motley, can you implement a feature where we can choose which interface we want to use? I like using Franco's because their are more configurations that I like with his but every time I use trickster it'll set fauxs method :/ thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Device: LG Nexus 4 16GB
ROM: CM10.1
Kernel: Faux123's
Recovery: TWRP

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe