5,595,815 Members 34,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Mar 10][b49] _motley kernel for the N4 (add faux sound control)

Tip us?

grisha1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default AW: [KERNEL][Feb 17][b38] _motley kernel for the N4 (4.2.2 support added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _motley View Post
Ok, b38 posted. Let me know if it fixes the gamma stuff.
Wow, that was quick! Works perfectly fine now with both faux apps. Thank you!

by N4 via Tapatalk

mkamal23
Old
Thanks Meter 23
So anyone have any .zip that I can flash over this for their screen color/gamma set up? Or do we have to do it the manual way? I understand that there have been zips before that could have been flashed after before... im just wondering if I could either use those on this kernel or do i have set it up manually. ps. If anyone has any new or could lead me to a place where there a bunch of zips that could be used please let me know. Sorry in advance if I made anyone mad or upset by asking.

azrash
Old
Thanks Meter 609

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [KERNEL][Feb 17][b38] _motley kernel for the N4 (4.2.2 support added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkamal23 View Post
So anyone have any .zip that I can flash over this for their screen color/gamma set up? Or do we have to do it the manual way? I understand that there have been zips before that could have been flashed after before... im just wondering if I could either use those on this kernel or do i have set it up manually. ps. If anyone has any new or could lead me to a place where there a bunch of zips that could be used please let me know. Sorry in advance if I made anyone mad or upset by asking.
I am freaking mad! Kidding. The previous b35 colour is available as a zip here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post37942792

You can also use jazzboyrules scripts here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post37673702

Test them in terminal and if you are happy, put the script in init.d or userinit.d with appropriate permissions

Flowed from my Nexus 4
N4 CM11 + m_plus or hells-Core | Flashable TWRP or CWM
N7 LTE | Flashable TWRP or CWM
HTC Desire Z/G2 | Rom: ILWT CM7 634 Sense Rom: Virtuous Sense v2.0.0
G1 : ADS-Magpie (GB) or Froyo by Laszlo+ezterry's kernel

my general advise in using BBS http://j.mp/VOK3bU and here http://j.mp/13gecGG
Free 2.5GB Dropbox storage here or 20GB with Copy here
Malaysian? try UMobile, prepaid mobile internet from RM18 a month
sig last updated: 18 Jan 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to azrash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkamal23 View Post
The zips that have been posted previously still work.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yurilebbie
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Re: [KERNEL][Feb 17][b38] _motley kernel for the N4 (4.2.2 support added)

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I am having more radio issues.
I am getting data drops from full signal HSPA+ to nothing or no data about every 2 minutes making using the phone on mobile data a pain.
I tried this on the .45 and the .33 radios with no change between them, but this degradation happens in both.

Is there anyone who is having such issues? Or is this just me.

Also are there any logs that I can pull that show radio stuff or do we just have logcat?
Phone history: Nokia ---- > Sony Ericsson t616 > Danger Sidekick 2008 > Blackberry 8330 > Droid Incredible 2 > Samsung Galaxy SII t989 > LG Nexus 4

Use minus for 11gb of free storage, instead of dropbox

Kerumen
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
Like all Motley's releases, you want to flash the base zip (b37 at the moment), then the update (b38). It always works with this procedure, if you do something different you might end up with unexpected results.

Ok thanks. And is reboot needed between the 2 flashes ?

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerumen View Post
Ok thanks. And is reboot needed between the 2 flashes ?

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk
Nah

Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs

The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

air2k57
Old
Thanks Meter 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurilebbie View Post
I am getting data drops from full signal HSPA+ to nothing or no data about every 2 minutes making using the phone on mobile data a pain.
I tried this on the .45 and the .33 radios with no change between them, but this degradation happens in both.

Also are there any logs that I can pull that show radio stuff or do we just have logcat?
Me too, first I tried Franco kernel b80&82 because motley didn't have 4.2.2 out yet, and now on Motleys, same issues, never had problems here before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

yurilebbie
Old
Thanks Meter 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by air2k57 View Post
Me too, first I tried Franco kernel b80&82 because motley didn't have 4.2.2 out yet, and now on Motleys, same issues, never had problems here before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
No issues at all before?
Phone history: Nokia ---- > Sony Ericsson t616 > Danger Sidekick 2008 > Blackberry 8330 > Droid Incredible 2 > Samsung Galaxy SII t989 > LG Nexus 4

Use minus for 11gb of free storage, instead of dropbox

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurilebbie View Post

I haven't seen this issue, and there are no patches in this kernel for the hsic issues (ie the ones that some had issues with), so this has to be something on your end.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe