Thread Closed

[KERNEL][Mar 10][b49] _motley kernel for the N4 (add faux sound control)

16th March 2013, 12:01 PM   |  #2641  
Thanks Meter: 694

1,434 posts
More
Re: [KERNEL][Mar 10][b49] _motley kernel for the N4 (add faux sound control)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrone

Could you try to run this code from terminal and set it the output in your init.d script as post #2 format?

Code:
# Show the current configuration and the checksum
echo "Verify that the values are written correctly..\n"
echo "RGB values:"
cat /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
echo "\nRed gamma values:"
cat /sys/devices/platform/mipi_lgit.1537/kgamma_red
echo "\nGreen gamma values:"
cat /sys/devices/platform/mipi_lgit.1537/kgamma_green
echo "\nBlue gamma values:"
cat /sys/devices/platform/mipi_lgit.1537/kgamma_blue
echo ""
I never got soft reboot using motley, but perhaps my cpu binning is faster and can handle the default undervolting.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Well I don't set my colors using a script in init.d but I'll give it a shot.
I never got soft reboot with the previous version as well (before b48). Don't know why it's started happening. It's not going to make go back to stock kernel though because my phone gets incredibly hot with stock kernel even though I only switch between WhatsApp and XDA and browser (light usage).
The Following User Says Thank You to Kocai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2013, 12:04 PM   |  #2642  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 390

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocai

Well I don't set my colors using a script in init.d but I'll give it a shot.
I never got soft reboot with the previous version as well (before b48). Don't know why it's started happening. It's not going to make go back to stock kernel though because my phone gets incredibly hot with stock kernel even though I only switch between WhatsApp and XDA and browser (light usage).

Oh, xda can consume lots of cpu resources, especially when rendering long posting and scrolling through it. *sigh :/

Sent from my Nexus 4
16th March 2013, 12:45 PM   |  #2643  
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 241

821 posts
More
Quote:

Oh, xda can consume lots of cpu resources, especially when rendering long posting and scrolling through it. *sigh :/

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yeah. Even the latest and greatest phones will succumb to Tapatalk's bad coding :banghead:

Sent from my AOSPA Nexus 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mundixx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2013, 10:14 AM   |  #2644  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 594

4,608 posts
More
Brilliant results so far!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-17-09-06-24.jpg
Views:	1638
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1811395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-17-09-06-41.jpg
Views:	1595
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1811396  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superleeds27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #2645  
Flag Surabaya

1,025 posts
More
This is me getting 6 hours screen on time using on demand, max 2 cores, and inert powerhal.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363520714297.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1811683   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363520744378.jpg
Views:	1605
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1811684   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363520776517.jpg
Views:	1567
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1811685  
The Following User Says Thank You to chrone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #2646  
Thanks Meter: 694

1,434 posts
More
Quote:

This is me getting 6 hours screen on time using on demand, max 2 cores, and inert powerhal.

Sent from my Nexus 4

If it's on 3G all the time then I'm very impressed. And shows us how good this kernel is.
17th March 2013, 01:02 PM   |  #2647  
Flag Surabaya

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocai

If it's on 3G all the time then I'm very impressed. And shows us how good this kernel is.

Unfortunately it was on 2G most of the time, as I recall I was on 3G for only more less 1 hour long. bad 3G signal in my room. :/
17th March 2013, 03:08 PM   |  #2648  
Thanks Meter: 832

289 posts
Would anyone want to test yet another attempt to fix delayed notifications bug? Yesterday Qualcomm released Prima driver v3.2.2.2 on CAF's git, so I decided I would give it a try. The previous fixes we tested relied on merging only one patch from their git and I thought it wasn't enough, so I merged the whole driver. I tested it overnight and got promising results, so I thought you may also want to give it a try.

One thing you need to know is that the driver also needs new firmware which is on ROM side. There are also some new values in WiFi configuration file. Default values from CAF differ from what we have for our N4s, so I copied the ones that we had and left all new parameters to their default values, except for the one that allows controlling Power Saving mode from Android (I switched it on). I also changed McastBcastFilter value to 3.

I provide you a flashable anyKernel zip with new firmware included. All you need to do is to flash this one file (motley_anykernel_422_nexus_4_custom_build_prima_3. 2.2.2.zip) over any Motley's kernel and test away. It is based on b49 with some customizations to my taste (sorry, no OC, CIFS and NTFS!). You can find the source code on my GitHub.

If you want to go back to original Motley's kernel, you would need to flash original firmware (it's in prima_original_n4_firmware.zip) and then any kernel of your choice.

Please let me know about your battery life on this and what's your qcom_rx_wakelock, especially on busy networks.

Edit: You can download patched kernel from here.

Edit 2: I noticed that the "reset" zip was badly derped. If you want to go back to original WiFi firmware, please reflash your ROM (no wipe needed!).
Last edited by kszaq; 4th April 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Removed attachment
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to kszaq For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #2649  
Thanks Meter: 166

425 posts
Pinging the device after 5min sleep was successful. So far nobody texted me any whatsapp messages.
I will test further.
17th March 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #2650  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,822

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kszaq

Would anyone want to test yet another attempt to fix delayed notifications bug? Yesterday Qualcomm released Prima driver v3.2.2.2 on CAF's git, so I decided I would give it a try. The previous fixes we tested relied on merging only one patch from their git and I thought it wasn't enough, so I merged the whole driver. I tested it overnight and got promising results, so I thought you may also want to give it a try.

One thing you need to know is that the driver also needs new firmware which is on ROM side. There are also some new values in WiFi configuration file. Default values from CAF differ from what we have for our N4s, so I copied the ones that we had and left all new parameters to their default values, except for the one that allows controlling Power Saving mode from Android (I switched it on). I also changed McastBcastFilter value to 3.

I provide you a flashable anyKernel zip with new firmware included. All you need to do is to flash this one file (motley_anykernel_422_nexus_4_custom_build_prima_3. 2.2.2.zip) over any Motley's kernel and test away. It is based on b49 with some customizations to my taste (sorry, no OC, CIFS and NTFS!). You can find the source code on my GitHub.

If you want to go back to original Motley's kernel, you would need to flash original firmware (it's in prima_original_n4_firmware.zip) and then any kernel of your choice.

Please let me know about your battery life on this and what's your qcom_rx_wakelock, especially on busy networks.

As with my previous test, if you leave the filters on the CAF defaults, qcom_rx_wakelock absolutely destroys the battery on most networks, even my extremely quiet home network it's burning through the battery like there is no tomorrow, 3G battery life is much much better than WiFi. With the filter set to anything but 0, the WiFi notification delay returns almost immediately.

Note: I have a motley 49 build with the CAF prima installed that I used for testing, not this specific build, but the same WLAN stuff is in both.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread