Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] (ver 041) Mako KK 4.4 (UV/OTG/CPU/GPU OC/Hybrid Linux 3.4+) [08-02-14]

Tip us?

faux123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34,136

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycaster3 View Post
Yep. Been doing that the whole time out of laziness. Lol turns out it was the best way. Go figure. Gotta get our hands on 004 test out that intellidemand. ��������

DARKSIDE
Only I have intellidemand I usually test it a bit before I let it out in public...
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikeyinid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123 View Post
I uploaded to my mirror site!

BETA BETA BETA !!! => http://faux.androidro.ms/mako/beta/newboot004.img (NO CPU OC)
MIRROR MIRROR MIRROR => http://faux.host4droid.com/newboot004.img
Boom. Intellidemand?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Only I have intellidemand I usually test it a bit before I let it out in public...
Lol. Nvm

Follow me on Twitter @mikeyinid

b4ifuru18
Old
Thanks Meter 66
What is intellidemand?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

raycaster3
Old
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:
Cool cool. When it's ready it's ready.

DARKSIDE
DARKSIDE

mikeyinid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,489
no cpu oc or gpu oc? i think thats more my speed. faux tweaks and no cpu app is what im all about.
Follow me on Twitter @mikeyinid

sarni84
Old
Thanks Meter 630
How would I go about making 003 into a zip file since using the boot.IMG derps out

faux123
Old
(Last edited by faux123; 26th November 2012 at 09:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34,136

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ifuru18 View Post
What is intellidemand?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
All Qualcomm based phones have Qualcomm prorprietary userspace binary called "mpdecision" aka m(ake)p(oor)decision.

Instead of letting the kernel itself to decide what frequencies and how many cores to run, this "mpdecsion" binary polls the kernel run queue statistics and decides for the whole system the "optimal" frequency and the "optimal" number of cores to use. The concept is fine, except the decision making is done in userspace and it's 100% closed source so there's no way to tweak it and there's a latency (because all userspace binaries needs to "poll" the kernel for the latest information which is slightly delayed).

mpdecision has been bane of kernel hacking... without it, you will have all cores running at all times with less than optimal frequencies, but using it does not mean it is "optimal" either.

This is where intellidemand comes in... I have created my own kernel core and frequency management. With intellidemand, everything is done within the kernel and the decision for how many cores and frequencies are all made in real-time. This is source based, so it can be tweaked and optimized further (with open source support of course) and it is completely free of Qualcomm's m(ake)p(oor)decision binary.

It is similar to Samsung's PegasusQ governor (except my intellidemand was done since release of HTC Sensation 4G before Samsung's own Pegasus for their Galaxy S3 )

History of Intellidemand Governor:

HTC Sensation 4G Gingerbread, Intellidemand 1.0 was born... (core/frequency decision based on CPU load ONLY)
HTC Sensation 4G ICS is when Intellidemand 2.0 was updated (core/frequency decision based on GPU busy + CPU load)
HTC Amaze 4G ICS is when Intellidemand 3.0 was created (core/frequency decision based on run queue AND run average from the kernel scheduler)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus is when Intellidemand 3.2 was created (created first NON-Qualcomm fully SOC architecture independent intellidemand running on TI's OMAP chipset)
and now LG Nexus 4, Intellidemand is updated to 4.0 with quadcore optimizations which was based on intellidemand 3.0+

https://github.com/faux123/HTC_Amaze...7ba60545101064
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PikkonX
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Great explanation. I've been seeing the name for a while now, but I'd been trying to figure out what it was as well.

raycaster3
Old
Thanks Meter 1,048
They need to pay you royalties. We patiently await its coming. Thnx again.

DARKSIDE
DARKSIDE

sarni84
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Anyone? How do I turn an img into zip file so I can just flash it