[Kernel] (ver 041) Mako KK 4.4 (UV/OTG/CPU/GPU OC/Hybrid Linux 3.4+) [08-02-14]

24th February 2013, 10:12 AM   |  #6661  
Thanks Meter: 110

972 posts
More
Re: [Kernel] (version 006) Mako (UV Control/CPU/GPU OC/Hybrid Linux 3.4+) [Feb-16]
Every once in a while I find choppiness in doing simple things. like hitting the multi task button and the transition animation lags.. This is with 1.944 OC on intellidemand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 10:12 AM   |  #6662  
Thanks Meter: 12

41 posts
Just installed your latest beta, and it's running flawlessly. Thank you! I was thinking it might be time to clean up/expand the first few pages of this thread (maybe update your preferred settings too if they've changed). Lots of confusing information there. I'm sure some knowledgeable active on this thread could help you out so you only need to copy and paste it (as you probably are too busy)...
Last edited by variety; 24th February 2013 at 10:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to variety For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 10:17 AM   |  #6663  
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycaster3

Oops thought you meant display backups. They are here.

/sdcard

Does it have any dependencies? It isn't writing anything to the sd card. Stock rooted 4.2.2. Nothing logged when backup or restore are pressed.

It can obviously write to /sdcard, so not sure what the issue is.

Code:
root@android:/sdcard # ls -l *.bin
-rw-rw-r-- root     sdcard_rw   115420 2013-02-14 07:01 lg_gamma.bin
-rw-rw-r-- root     sdcard_rw    37140 2013-02-14 07:01 snakecharmer.bin
root@android:/sdcard #

I created an empty fauxclock_backup.tar.gz, and now pressing restore it tells me it restored the settings. Obviously, file empty, it didn't do anything, but new message. I tried backing up again, but it did not make any changes to the file, still 0 bytes. Something definitely wrong there.
EDIT: looks like settings might have been reset after a reboot from doing that.

Also, there is an unhandled exception launching faux clock without faux display

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  783): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.                                       intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.teamkang.fauxclock/.activities.                                       InitialAppActivity} from pid 1795
W/System.err(25990): android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: co                                       m.teamkang.fauxdisplay
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getPackageInfo(                                       ApplicationPackageManager.java:80)
W/System.err(25990):    at com.teamkang.fauxclock.activities.InitialAppActivity.                                       onCreate(Unknown Source)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5104                                       )
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Inst                                       rumentation.java:1080)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Acti                                       vityThread.java:2144)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Activ                                       ityThread.java:2230)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.                                       java:141)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityTh                                       read.java:1234)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
W/System.err(25990):    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5                                       041)
W/System.err(25990):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/System.err(25990):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
W/System.err(25990):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCalle                                       r.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
W/System.err(25990):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.ja                                       va:560)
W/System.err(25990):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Last edited by nyt; 24th February 2013 at 10:55 AM.
24th February 2013, 11:16 AM   |  #6664  
Thanks Meter: 137

422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girn

Every once in a while I find choppiness in doing simple things. like hitting the multi task button and the transition animation lags.. This is with 1.944 OC on intellidemand.

Which ROM are you using? I know that AOKP has some weird slowness when opening up the multi-task screen when you have lots of apps open.
24th February 2013, 11:45 AM   |  #6665  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
Excuse me i'm a liitle newbie at this but why do I only have interactive, ondedamnd, userspace, powersave and performance governors in the Fauxclock app? How can I activate the other ones?
24th February 2013, 11:56 AM   |  #6666  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 296

830 posts
More
Benchmark result questions
Hi all,

I know that benchmark are less important than the feeling but I have a question.
I have just flash Xylon ROM (Full wipe) then do some Antutu tests :

Stock Kernel : 23000
Franco Kernel : 21000
Faux (@ 1.8GHz) : 12000

How can we explaine that a stock kernel give better score than an enchanced stock frequency (Franco) and much more better than an overclocked one (Faux) ???

Thank's for your help.
24th February 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #6667  
Thanks Meter: 832

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JFK-

Hi all,

I know that benchmark are less important than the feeling but I have a question.
I have just flash Xylon ROM (Full wipe) then do some Antutu tests :

Stock Kernel : 23000
Franco Kernel : 21000
Faux (@ 1.8GHz) : 12000

How can we explaine that a stock kernel give better score than an enchanced stock frequency (Franco) and much more better than an overclocked one (Faux) ???

Thank's for your help.

That's because Faux's kernel is tuned to give you smooth working phone under everyday usage, not during synthetic benchmarks. If you want to get high AnTuTu scores, switch your governor to Interactive, turn off Eco Mode and try again.

The second thing is that AnTuTu is a multi-core aware benchmark, so it won't use the overclocked frequency. AFAIK it's meant to be used during Turbo Boost (single-core loads) only.
24th February 2013, 01:19 PM   |  #6668  
Flag East Bethel
Thanks Meter: 155

509 posts
More
Re: [Kernel] (version 006) Mako (UV Control/CPU/GPU OC/Hybrid Linux 3.4+) [Feb-16]
7b6m slept like a rock over night thanks faux

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361711956786.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1756845  
24th February 2013, 01:57 PM   |  #6669  
Thanks Meter: 33

438 posts
hey faux! please answer me one question: is it possile that the voltages change itself? i experienced this: went to fauxclock voltages tab last time, didn't know if i set a slight undervoltage before, but the slider was definitely on zero. so wether it resetted itself or i didnt change the value manually before, as i said, i dont remember. to the point: i tried setting - 50v that time cause i thought everything is on stock. and the moment i looked down to the voltages,i saw they were extreme low (didnt see the exact values but as low as i never set them before). that moment my phone rebooted.
24th February 2013, 02:06 PM   |  #6670  
Flag Nexus Land
Thanks Meter: 212

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xflowy

hey faux! please answer me one question: is it possile that the voltages change itself? i experienced this: went to fauxclock voltages tab last time, didn't know if i set a slight undervoltage before, but the slider was definitely on zero. so wether it resetted itself or i didnt change the value manually before, as i said, i dont remember. to the point: i tried setting - 50v that time cause i thought everything is on stock. and the moment i looked down to the voltages,i saw they were extreme low (didnt see the exact values but as low as i never set them before). that moment my phone rebooted.

Did you have it not set on boot? The slider will go back to 0 if you don't have the set on boot. But your voltage will remain the UV that you set.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 4 Original Android Development by ThreadRank