OmniROM is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance, reliability and features over stock Android for your device. It's also about options, which is the beauty of Android.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot. */
All the source code for OmniROM is available in the OmniROM Github repo.
Root access is not included by default as of yet. Please flash SuperSU for root (See below).
If problems arise from your use of custom kernels, "performance scripts", etc. etc., we can't be responsible.
First time installing OmniROM to your Nexus 4, or coming from another ROM:
- Read known issues and FAQs
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery/Team Win Recovery Project - WITH SELINUX SUPPORT!
- Copy GApps and OmniROM ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash OmniROM zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
Upgrading from earlier version of OmniROM:
- Copy the OmniROM ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash the OmniROM zip from SDCard
Gapps: (Using PA's for now)
If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
OmniROM 4.4, a ROM for the Google Nexus 4
Jiangyi, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2013-12-05