5,605,311 Members 38,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Official][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Tip us?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
Are you using the .48 modem? If not, switch to it.
Going by their signature I'd say they're not and will await the 'but I'll lose LTE' response
HTC One M8 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.5 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 1.56 | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.15.2133156.UA13G_20.18m.4096.04L | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_KINGDOM View Post
This is not related to modem. Do you know how many people are using the .33 radio in this thread??
Doesn't matter, officially the only supported modem is .48, if you are on an unsupported modem you need to report this in another thread.

This is the CM official thread, which is for 4.2.2. 4.2.2 includes the latest bootloader and modem.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

Fr33L4nc3r
Old
Thanks Meter 572
Quote:
For me its not just data drop its complete signal drops and goes into "emergency calls only" over and over and over.
I had this once. Happened due to bad reception (cave / underground, and didn't get better after on ground level).
Had to reboot to solve it (I tried using the bugreport feature at that time but it didn't work).

Reminded me of the i9100 RIL crashes
LG Nexus 4 16GB (Mako) / CM10.2 (Custom Build) / Blue Infinitum Theme
Asus Nexus 7 16GB (Flo) / CM10.2 (Custom Build) / Blue Infinitum Theme

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Quote:
This is not related to modem. Do you know how many people are using the .33 radio in this thread??
Something changed in the ROM around early April that started cause signal and data drops. Prior to that running the ROM with .33 radio was flawless, minus the camera focus.
Have you tried the .48 radio? I know you lose your precious LTE but it could be CM 10.1 is now using files optimised for .48 as opposed to .33
HTC One M8 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.5 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 1.56 | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.15.2133156.UA13G_20.18m.4096.04L | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33L4nc3r View Post
I had this once. Happened due to bad reception (cave / underground, and didn't get better after on ground level).
Had to reboot to solve it (I tried using the bugreport feature at that time but it didn't work).

Reminded me of the i9100 RIL crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Have you tried the .48 radio? I know you lose your precious LTE but it could be CM 10.1 is now using files optimised for .48 as opposed to .33
RILs and modems are paired, if you are using the RIL optimized for .48 it's not going to work as well for .33, doesn't mean it won't work at all, but there may be issues, CM comes with the .48 RIL therefore you should use the .48 modem, if you aren't doing that and you have bugs that's not a CM problem.

He's welcome to disagree with me on this, but if he were to report this issue to JIRA it would be closed for this reason, so that's why I keep saying it here when he reports it.

Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs

THE_KINGDOM
Old
(Last edited by THE_KINGDOM; 18th April 2013 at 04:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
all I'm saying is that somewhere in my log cats shows whats causing this, there is a reason it didn't happen with .33 radio before, but now it does.

Thracemerin: I see you're on Rogers which means you have access to LTE, and for the record I have no idea how you're living with out it man.
PHONE: Nexus 5 | White | 32GB
OTHER MEDIA DEVICE: Nexus Q - CM
KERNEL: ---

PaulPuma
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimldj View Post
by flashing a fix on the Q/A section.
Count 5 pages back from the last page there and you'll find it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
You mean the Kernel by thracemerin right? Well I did. 1st CM, 2nd fix by thracemerin and 3rd franco. But it still happens :-/
Digital native lovin' Android OS

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
all I'm saying is that somewhere in my log cats shows whats causing this, there is a reason it didn't happen with .33 radio before, but now it does.
Not something we can help you with, switch to .48 modem and see if it continues, if it does, we may be able to help you, if you want help with the .33 modem ask in the radio or LTE thread or CM Q&A thread.

Again, this thread is for official CM which includes bootloader and radio for 4.2.2.

TheMattS
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueren View Post
Confirmed. I too have this. And mine was a super fresh install. Reflashing again to check.

Update: no change.
On mine, I'm getting errors about Key Chain failing to start, seems the firmware files are missing:

Code:
D/QSEECOMAPI: (10002): QSEECom_start_app sb_length = 0x1000
D/QSEECOMAPI: (10002): App is not loaded in QSEE
E/QSEECOMAPI: (10002): Error::Cannot open the file /vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.mdt
E/QSEECOMAPI: (10002): Error::Loading image failed with ret = -1
Seems the files are listed in the mako proprietary-blobs.txt file but not present in the latest nightly. Not sure what changed to require those files but I reverted to 0416 nightly for the time being and all is working again.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMattS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Krayvon
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Default !

i'm on the latest build for 24 hours now and zero issues.
flashed franco 122, and still smoooth. no data drop off for me now and i use to get them when the device was not rooted.
The only battle you should be fighting is laziness,

Tags
cyanogenmod, mako