Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84Q][AOSP] Octo-Kat

Tip us?

Grommish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][4.4.4][KTU84Q][AOSP] Octo-Kat

Quote:
Disclaimer: OctOS is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.
Team OctOs presents Octo-Kat.

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Bugs:
Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: teamoctos@gmail.com

Basic Instructions:
  1. Download ROM .zip file
  2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
  3. Flash ROM and GApps .zip files
  4. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

Quote:
Special thanks to
  • @broodplank1337 for the great aosp source to start
  • @buckmarble for helping on a lot of random issues.

We would also like to thank
  • CyanogenMod for their device specific files and drivers
  • ChameleonOS
  • SlimROM
  • OmniROM
  • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code
Follow Us at the various website below!
-- Sent from my OctOs-fied SPH-L720 --
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Grommish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YourTheBest
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommish View Post

Team OctOs presents Octo-Kat.

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Bugs:
Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: teamoctos@gmail.com

Basic Instructions:
  1. Download ROM .zip file
  2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
  3. Flash ROM and GApps .zip files
  4. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

Follow Us at the various website below!
Welcome here.
Does it have OTA?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YourTheBest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Grommish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourTheBest View Post
Welcome here.
Does it have OTA?
OTA is being evaluated, the current system should notify you of updates available on the website, but won't currently shut up (it checks every 12 hours, not an issue if your current, but if you aren't it gets annoying)
-- Sent from my OctOs-fied SPH-L720 --

joenun
Old
Thanks Meter 36
i've been using this rom for a while and it is fast, smooth, full of features and scores 20k+ Antutu.

i would recommend you give a download
The Following User Says Thank You to joenun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DontPushButtons
Old
Thanks Meter 815
Lol, gotta try it simply because its got @IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo involved.

Miss that fool from my rezound days..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DontPushButtons For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biron_w
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Oooh a new ROM. I'll give it a try.

biron_w
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I like this ROM. There are a couple features I'd like adding that I've requested on the G+ community but they're nothing major.
The Following User Says Thank You to biron_w For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cjkacz
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
New build is up on site! Changelog to follow. Most noteworthy changes are the addition of archi optimizations . explanation can be found in our gplus community

http://www.teamoctos.com

sent from my OctOs powered VZW S4
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cjkacz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cjkacz
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
thanks to @JustArchi for the optimizations included in the newest build

more info can be found in his thread here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2754997

sent from my OctOs powered VZW S4

defconoi
Old
(Last edited by defconoi; Yesterday at 08:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,648

DONATE TO ME
i'll be checking this out, could you guys try and import the Latest ART Master from: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/art/+/master. It would be cool to see this rom outperform even velocityrom and others, will try it with my kernel when I have time.

Also, I was wondering if you guys could import Pocket Detection from hammerhead, to use the proximity sensor to keep phone from turning on while in pocket, this would work great with Double Tap 2 Wake

Tags
aosp, kitkat 4.4.4, octos