FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[ROM][4.2.2]SlimBean -mako- [STABLE] [Build 8] [8-5-13]

5,743 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,809
 
By android88, Senior Member on 22nd November 2012, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd November 2012, 11:18 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
There are a few methods found on XDA for installing recovery, so what is the recommended procedure to follow to obtain the recovery menu, thus allowing the flashing of zip files?

Of course, on my Samsung it was just a matter of flashing an insecure kernal with Odin, but I'm a bit confused on how to do it on the Nexus 4.

Edit: I'm really looking for advice on which thread to consult for a safe/reliable method to obtain CWM.
Last edited by Dr Zoidberg; 23rd November 2012 at 11:26 AM.
 
 
23rd November 2012, 11:33 AM |#12  
benjamin.j.goodwin's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 5,005
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg

There are a few methods found on XDA for installing recovery, so what is the recommended procedure to follow to obtain the recovery menu, thus allowing the flashing of zip files?

Of course, on my Samsung it was just a matter of flashing an insecure kernal with Odin, but I'm a bit confused on how to do it on the Nexus 4.

Edit: I'm really looking for advice on which thread to consult for a safe/reliable method to obtain CWM.

Pop http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995440 there

If you are rooted you can install TWRP but downloading the goo.im app from playstore and selecting Install Recovery Script in settings.
23rd November 2012, 11:51 AM |#13  
AvRS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,633
 
More
Take it you got your phone delivered finally then

When I'm over the honeymoon period with it I'll jump on board testing as normal
The Following User Says Thank You to AvRS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 12:04 PM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
No FCs. Working smoothly.

Thanks!
23rd November 2012, 12:16 PM |#15  
krarvind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvRS

Take it you got your phone delivered finally then

When I'm over the honeymoon period with it I'll jump on board testing as normal

Jump on

Sent from my slimmed Nexus4
The Following User Says Thank You to krarvind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 12:16 PM |#16  
CMNein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
More
Well, hello there
The Following User Says Thank You to CMNein For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 12:24 PM |#17  
pvillasuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 594
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind

that and lot more will come once i get a very good stable base. will forward port most of slim features from 4.1.2.

Sweet , thanks again ,
I've used your builds with other phones, you got a very nice taste of theming and getting all things together in a very simple , nice looking , fast , efficient way.

Love your work , can't wait to get more !
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to pvillasuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 12:28 PM |#18  
Nebucatnetzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,805
 
More
I want my N4 to.
23rd November 2012, 12:34 PM |#19  
krarvind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebucatnetzer

I want my N4 to.

I know the feeling neb.

Sent from my slimmed Nexus4
23rd November 2012, 12:35 PM |#20  
kptnk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 695
 
More
Running very well and smooth ; i changed dpi though, to stock, and now i face the usual problem of "apps non compatible with your device"....with Chrome for example ; how can i solve this already ?
23rd November 2012, 12:40 PM |#21  
krarvind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptnk

Running very well and smooth ; i changed dpi though, to stock, and now i face the usual problem of "apps non compatible with your device"....with Chrome for example ; how can i solve this already ?

The usual stuff. Clear play store data and Google services framework data. Reboot.

Sent from my slimmed Nexus4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krarvind For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dark, lightest rom, slimbean
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes