Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 4 V3.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?

WarToilet
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandune View Post
And isnt it supposed to asked me to give permissions to my computer or smth? It didnt opened any window asking me for that
It's supposed to ask if you're running 4.2.2, if you aren't, then it doesn't ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to WarToilet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

casper312
Old
Thanks Meter 1
First off thanks for the great program. I used it to easily root the phone when I first got it in December.

Can I use the toolkit to update to 4.2.2 without losing apps/data? I am currently Stock ROM with 4.2.1. If so, what steps do I need to take? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to casper312 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iboj007
Old
(Last edited by iboj007; 22nd February 2013 at 09:50 PM.) Reason: NVM- Donating made it go away ;)
Thanks Meter 35
Donated and the issue went away

OnePlus One (64GB) Sandstone Black
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock XNPH25R, Rooted, bootloader unlocked

LG Nexus 5 (32GB) Black
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Android L, Stock ROM, Rooted, bootloader unlocked

Google Glass, XE V2
Charcoal

Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
ROM: Stock 4.4.4, unrooted

Tyler DeLarge
Old
Thanks Meter 4
hi i have JDQ39..what version i must download? beacuse if i do autoupdated there is not my version! i would unlock-root

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

why Waiting for USB debugging to be enabled? i have already enabled

xpresotw
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
learning Learning Learning thanksss

annoymous1234
Old
Thanks Meter 53
where does the TWRP back save too? I did a backup from my phone recovery mode and I cant find it in when i plug it to my pc
I'm giving away 2.5GB of free space,
just click
here
Please hit thanks button if you find my post useful.

Inpain
Old
Thanks Meter 61
When i Reboot or Shutdown my Nexus, i always get many FC's from different apps, like YouTube / Calendar & many others.. This is what i did step by step, if anyone can tell me what have i done wrong and / or how to fix this annoying issue ? Thanks!

1- Unlocked my BootLoader using the Toolkit
2- Rooted and used SuperSU using the Toolkit
3- Flashed CWM Recovery *Touch* V 6.0.2.3 using ROM Manager PRO
4- Re-Locked my BootLoader using the Toolkit
5- Installed AdAway to remove the Ads
6- Installed No BloatWare PRO to remove some BloatWare *only removed Live Wallpapers & the Play Apps {Magazines and Movies, etc..}

That is all that i have done.

slshults
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thanks for this great tool. I used your N7 toolkit on my N7, and I downloaded your N4 after I ordered my N4, before it even arrived.

I'd rooted many devices before, but as with my N7, I don't feel like I rooted my N4, I feel like you rooted it for me!

(donated)

T3kB0i
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Exclamation Stuck at 58%

I donated and previously updated with no issue. However, I can't upgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.7

I'm stuck at 58%

a5ehren
Old
(Last edited by a5ehren; 24th February 2013 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper312 View Post
First off thanks for the great program. I used it to easily root the phone when I first got it in December.

Can I use the toolkit to update to 4.2.2 without losing apps/data? I am currently Stock ROM with 4.2.1. If so, what steps do I need to take? Thanks!
Assuming you're still completely stock, your steps would be to run the 4.2.2 OTA and use the toolkit to re-root. If you haven't/aren't willing to donate, you might have to switch to an alternate toolkit as 4.2.2 support is only in 1.7.0 which is only available to donors at the moment.