5,600,664 Members 36,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 [Updated 03/18/14]: Nexus 4 Thread

Tip us?

WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 18th March 2014 at 06:36 PM.) Reason: Version 1.8.2 Released
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638

DONATE TO ME
Smile [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 [Updated 03/18/14]: Nexus 4 Thread

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.8.2 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are officially supported including the new Nexus 5, with full KitKat support for all the newly upgraded devices. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. The main changes in this release are general bug fixes and the inclusion of Philz Advanced Recovery as a custom recovery option (in addition to the already included options for CWM/TWRP). Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 540 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danthepan124
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Does automatically install Clockwork recovery?
Nexus 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danthepan124 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blkbltwrestler
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepan124 View Post
I believe it flashes TWRP recovery. Thats what I got from reading the change log here http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Great job this looks awesome thank you for putting this together!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blkbltwrestler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WugFresh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepan124 View Post
If you check the "flash custom recovery" checkbox under root, then yes.. however it defaults to flash TWRP, unless the user selects CWM in the options menu:

It also will take care of renaming the system files to ensure its sticks, and it will install the busybox installer (free) app by Stericson.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evaradar
Old
(Last edited by evaradar; 27th November 2012 at 12:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Nice. Will be nice to have this as a backup option . Definitely easier to use in terms of UI thank the Nexus 4 Root toolkit by mskip heh.
Evaradar
~ The One & Only

Current Phones
---------------
Nexus 4 8GB:
ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock.

Current Tablets

Nexus 7 32GB WiFi
ROM: ParanoidAndroid v4 Beta 1
Android version: 4.4.2
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.1

Nexus 7 16GB FHD WiFi
ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Recovery; Stock

ninjames
Old
Thanks Meter 19
That backup option - is there a way, once unlocked and rooted, to grab my apps from the backup that were wiped, but not the entire thing? I downloaded about 8GB of apps before rooting, so I have no way to backup, I think. :[

ninjames
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Alright did it, rooted. Used the backup option a couple times trying to get it to work all the way, but for some reason, it only backed up about half of my apps.

DJ "suMo*
Old
Thanks Meter 14
The best rooting kit in the land

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ "suMo* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tpboi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
been waiting for this since the release of nexus 4, much thanks!
Nexus 4 & 5 with Franco Kernel

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6435
I've just added this toolkit to the Nexus 4 Complete Index

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]