5,599,190 Members 35,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][mako] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-03-10]

Tip us?
 
gianton
Old
#451  
gianton's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3355
Posts: 6,557
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Thessaloniki

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984 View Post
TWRP 2.4.1.0 with latest bricked-kernel for twrp:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44206202/pu...4.1.0-mako.img

Before this is asked: Yes this is different from jassycliq's image, it has the most recent thermal and mpdecision patches. (and was compiled a few minutes ago)

Code:
Linux version 3.4.0-Bricked-TWRP-Edition-ge64003f-00963-g0d8a3e7 (showp1984@jarvis) (gcc version 4.7.2 20120910 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 4.7-2012.09) ) #3 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 24 03:23:20 CET 2013
Code:
<4>[   91.129314] msm_thermal: Thermal Throttled (low)! temp:70 by:7
<6>[   93.042514] [MPDEC]: CPU[1] on->off | Mask=[1011] | time online: 44423
<6>[   93.449473] [MPDEC]: CPU[1] off->on | Mask=[1111]
<6>[   93.652250] [MPDEC]: CPU[1] on->off | Mask=[1011] | time online: 203
<4>[   93.679658] msm_thermal: Low thermal throttle ended! temp:58 by:7
Happy flashing

1. adb reboot-bootloader
2. fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.1.0-mako.img
3. boot into recovery
Thanks! Working great, but then again I didn't have any issues with 2.4.1.0 before.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3 - HTC One
Device History: Samsung Omnia ► HTC Topaz ► HTC HD2 ► HTC Desire ► iPhone 4 ► Galaxy Nexus ► Nexus 4 ► HTC One (Backup) ► Galaxy Note 3

Flashable Zips Fonts Thread | MIUI Fonts Thread | Xperia Z1 Keyboard Multi Language | MIUI Info/Fixes for the HTC One | Official MIUI v5 - DISCUSSION, TALK, Q&A Thread

 
casonswag
Old
#452  
casonswag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 870
Posts: 3,797
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianton View Post
Thanks! Working great, but then again I didn't have any issues with 2.4.1.0 before.
I guess this for the guys who use compression on

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
azrash
Old
#453  
azrash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 609
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by casonswag View Post
I guess this for the guys who use compression on

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
I use compression on and I haven't encounter the red light of death so far. *knocks on wood*

Flowed from my Nexus 4
N4 CM11 + m_plus or hells-Core | Flashable TWRP or CWM
N7 LTE | Flashable TWRP or CWM
HTC Desire Z/G2 | Rom: ILWT CM7 634 Sense Rom: Virtuous Sense v2.0.0
G1 : ADS-Magpie (GB) or Froyo by Laszlo+ezterry's kernel

my general advise in using BBS http://j.mp/VOK3bU and here http://j.mp/13gecGG
Free 2.5GB Dropbox storage here or 20GB with Copy here
Malaysian? try UMobile, prepaid mobile internet from RM18 a month
sig last updated: 18 Jan 2014
 
gianton
Old
#454  
gianton's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3355
Posts: 6,557
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Thessaloniki

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by casonswag View Post
I guess this for the guys who use compression on

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Never had any issues with compression on either, touch wood!
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3 - HTC One
Device History: Samsung Omnia ► HTC Topaz ► HTC HD2 ► HTC Desire ► iPhone 4 ► Galaxy Nexus ► Nexus 4 ► HTC One (Backup) ► Galaxy Note 3

Flashable Zips Fonts Thread | MIUI Fonts Thread | Xperia Z1 Keyboard Multi Language | MIUI Info/Fixes for the HTC One | Official MIUI v5 - DISCUSSION, TALK, Q&A Thread

The Following User Says Thank You to gianton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thebrainkafka
Old
#455  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1993
Posts: 1,756
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default AW: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984 View Post
TWRP 2.4.1.0 with latest bricked-kernel for twrp:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44206202/pu...4.1.0-mako.img

Before this is asked: Yes this is different from jassycliq's image, it has the most recent thermal and mpdecision patches. (and was compiled a few minutes ago)

Code:
Linux version 3.4.0-Bricked-TWRP-Edition-ge64003f-00963-g0d8a3e7 (showp1984@jarvis) (gcc version 4.7.2 20120910 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 4.7-2012.09) ) #3 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 24 03:23:20 CET 2013
Code:
<4>[   91.129314] msm_thermal: Thermal Throttled (low)! temp:70 by:7
<6>[   93.042514] [MPDEC]: CPU[1] on->off | Mask=[1011] | time online: 44423
<6>[   93.449473] [MPDEC]: CPU[1] off->on | Mask=[1111]
<6>[   93.652250] [MPDEC]: CPU[1] on->off | Mask=[1011] | time online: 203
<4>[   93.679658] msm_thermal: Low thermal throttle ended! temp:58 by:7
Happy flashing

1. adb reboot-bootloader
2. fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.1.0-mako.img
3. boot into recovery
Will this be merged into official twrp?
Hand never had any issue, using no compression.
 
w0dash
Old
#456  
w0dash's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 32
Join Date: Oct 2012
Is it normal that flashing a ROM + GApps drains ~35% from battery?
 
veyka
Old
#457  
veyka's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2674
Posts: 5,600
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Norfolk
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Haven't had any issues with the normal twrp, making backups with compression, restoring, flashing etc.

I made a backup, flashed 3 zips (Ubuntu, so big ones), ran it for a bit, then restored the backup, only lost 20% total, but it will vary with how many apps etc you have to backup.

These sort of operations are very battery hungry, on most devices I have had it seems normal to lose a good chunk of battery flashing or backing up, due to the heavy nature of the operation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2


Nexus 4
SGS2 Apps safe to remove
Need hosting for your development work? Contact me, maybe I can help.
 
thebrainkafka
Old
#458  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1993
Posts: 1,756
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default AW: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyka View Post
Haven't had any issues with the normal twrp, making backups with compression, restoring, flashing etc.

I made a backup, flashed 3 zips (Ubuntu, so big ones), ran it for a bit, then restored the backup, only lost 20% total, but it will vary with how many apps etc you have to backup.

These sort of operations are very battery hungry, on most devices I have had it seems normal to lose a good chunk of battery flashing or backing up, due to the heavy nature of the operation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Thats why its always recommended To have a full charge before flashing roms.
 
w0dash
Old
#459  
w0dash's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 32
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyka View Post
Haven't had any issues with the normal twrp, making backups with compression, restoring, flashing etc.

I made a backup, flashed 3 zips (Ubuntu, so big ones), ran it for a bit, then restored the backup, only lost 20% total, but it will vary with how many apps etc you have to backup.

These sort of operations are very battery hungry, on most devices I have had it seems normal to lose a good chunk of battery flashing or backing up, due to the heavy nature of the operation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I was also using the official TWRP. I am not quite sure, but I think CWM is not nearly as battery hungry...
 
veyka
Old
#460  
veyka's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2674
Posts: 5,600
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Norfolk
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0dash View Post
I was also using the official TWRP. I am not quite sure, but I think CWM is not nearly as battery hungry...
Not in my experience, seems about equal. Well, not that I have used cm on this device, but it was on the gnexus and sgs2, and I dont see why that would change.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2


Nexus 4
SGS2 Apps safe to remove
Need hosting for your development work? Contact me, maybe I can help.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes