[Xposed Mod] Bypass Exchange Security Policy for Nexus devices and other AOSP ROMs
This mod should be used along with Xposed ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
This mod will bypass the Email app from becoming device admin for your phone and prevent it from setting up any security restrictions on your device including pin/password/remote wipe, etc. There are a couple of other mods out there none of which work right now (1 doesn't work at all and 1 doesn't work for N4 4.3)
Instructions for users
- Remove your existing email account from phone and reboot
- Install Xposed installer (from link above)
- Install this mod (Download apk from here: https://github.com/shantanugoel/Exch...sForXposed.apk
- Enable the mod in xposed (Preferences for other devices/versions coming Soon)
- Add your email account again. This time, it will ask you that the email
might require security restrictions, say yes to it but it will never actually set the restrictions.
Instructions for developers
- Read the xda link at the top and go through basics of xposed development
- Install xposed as an android sdk addon on your system
- Clone this git repo
- Import in Android Studio
- Make changes
- rovo89 from xda (for creating xposed)
- mpcjanssen from xda (for original mod)
Source code: https://github.com/shantanugoel/ExchangeBypassXposed
My website: http://tech.shantanugoel.com/
My twitter: http://twitter.com/shantanugoel
Feel free to ask your questions, provide feedback here, or my website or on my twitter.
Cleanup. Remove Security Policy changed notification.
Allow updation of policy keys properly on Exchange server's request otherwise sync may hang
Fixing the fixes
Fixed random email app crashes
AOSP ROMs support. Removed some unnecessary logging.
KitKat support. Tested on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013
Initial version. Working for Nexus 4 Android 4.3