XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP Browser 4.2

Tip us?

2defmouze
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintvilla View Post
I too would like this, this is the first android phone that i dont plan on rooting. I have only rooted to correct certains flaws in other phones (HTC desire not having enough internal memory ) or to to be on latest version of android and get rid of crappy skins (LG o2x, GS2,GS3)

However as certains apps now refuse access with root access, sky go (when its available for jellybean) and barclays banking apps, i would be missing out too much by rooting just for the sake of it, since i will have latest version of stock android as soon as anybody.

However i love the AOSP browser and thus would love to be able to use it without rooting, if anybody knows of a way?
You could always remove root after you install it, if you don't need root for any other reasons. Just an idea

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mintvilla
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
You could always remove root after you install it, if you don't need root for any other reasons. Just an idea

I did try that actually on my GS3, now i don't know if it was because i was running a custom rom (CM10) but it still detected that i had root.

Turbotab
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintvilla View Post
I did try that actually on my GS3, now i don't know if it was because i was running a custom rom (CM10) but it still detected that i had root.
How did you remove root on your GS3?

If you're non-root Boat Browser is a decent browser, until Google resolves the issues with Chrome.
Dumb phones> Nokia E51 > iPhone 3GS > Orange San Francisco > Galaxy S > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Note

Current: Lumia 710 & Nexus 7 & Nexus 4

@jomaKern

Simer03
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Thank you! Stock browser is the better of the two imo

Sent from my Google Nexus 4

osi13
Old
(Last edited by osi13; 21st November 2012 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 67
Thanks. The AOSP browser feels so much faster, and the quick controls with full screen enabled are great. Flash is working better than on my Gnex. Search "flash archive" and download the latest version for 4.0 from Adobe's website if you want to enable it.

aarongzmn
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Now if only someone would make customizable quick settings that were compatible with Jellybean....
The Following User Says Thank You to aarongzmn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jameslfc5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongzmn View Post
Now if only someone would make customizable quick settings that were compatible with Jellybean....
What's that?

elandune
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Ty for this browser

I have just installed it and it works perfectly, but I have a problem, I dont know what I have to do to make the browser sincronice with my pc the pages I have as favourites (the favourites I have in chrome in my pc)

sorry for my english, hope you can understand what Im trying to say

2defmouze
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandune View Post
Ty for this browser

I have just installed it and it works perfectly, but I have a problem, I dont know what I have to do to make the browser sincronice with my pc the pages I have as favourites (the favourites I have in chrome in my pc)

sorry for my english, hope you can understand what Im trying to say
See here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzUK View Post
Got bookmarks working thanks to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=145

So I now have smooth Asop browser with flash and bookmark sync.

Thanks OP
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2defmouze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elandune
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
See here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
perfect
ty a lot

Tags
aosp browser 4.2