XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] KitKat Launcher+

Tip us?

hp420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 831
Default [APP] KitKat Launcher+

I'd like to start by saying this isn't my app. I'm just sharing its existence with users here, since I know many of us want to use GEL badly, but it lacks some core features we all have grown to require before considering using a launcher as our daily driver.

Description
Quote:
This is the new KitKat Launcher compiled straight from AOSP. KitKat Launcher+ focuses on clean and stable features that keep true to the stock KitKat experience. Great customization without having to deal with all the bloat commonly found in other launchers. Guaranteed to be fast and smooth.

Please Note: KitKat Launcher+ is available for devices with Android 4.1.2. and later. However, since AOSP is directed to Android 4.4 you will have the best experience on Android 4.4 and on Google devices (Nexus 4/5). Officially AOSP Launcher3 does not support landscape mode or tablets. Your milage will vary.

Feel free to e-mail me about bugs and crashes but only when you were able to reproduce the bug and/or have an error message. If the launcher crashes from the start it might not be compatible with your device!
Features
General
Google Now (GEL style)
Change icon size (revert back to pre KitKat size)
Screen
Hide the Google Search Bar
Hide the Page Indicator
Change grid size
Enable a set amount of screens (do not automatically remove empty screens)
Resize any widget
Drawer
Hide the Page Indicator
Hide application icons
Change grid size
Behavior
Automatically center home screen
Configure home button behavior
Advanced
Backup and Restore
Access to App Ops to manage app permissions
Other
Optimized filesize

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kitkatlauncher
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hp420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pGuerrerox
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Gonna try this one, I just update to 4.4.2 and my GEL is gone, but there are some things I didn't like about it anyways example, the icon size looks awful in nexus 4, tends to be slow sometimes, hope this offer the best of both words, gel transparency and faster access to Google now and better looking icons for my nexus 4 + some Google to turn off some features.

Reporting back after testing.
Phone: Nexus 4 16 GB
Rom: Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to pGuerrerox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kimpreza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't add forum shortcuts (tapatalk pro)? Others with same problem? Thought it maybe was because I hadn't purchased the pro version, but no luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

p.pavljasevic
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Why does it need to have permission to make phone calls?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app