[APP] Nexus 4 Modem Flasher and LTE enabler [11/10/2014]

Search This thread

cb474

Oct 25, 2010
Do I need to enable LTE again, when upgrading from Android 4.3 to 4.4 (PA 3.99 to PA 4.4.x)? Or do I just need to flash the 1.03/.33 hybrid radio? And if I flash that radio first, will it work with Android 4.3, until I get the upgrade to Kit Kat done?

Also I assume in the .apk posted a few pages back that 0.03 (as it appears in the app) means 1.03?

Thanks.

jsteve01

Jun 29, 2013
Can this be appliedvwith a stock kernel and ROM? Rooted. Flashed Using twrp and the app still is stating that I need to flash a hybrid modem From the build.prop tab

JJR85

Oct 25, 2012
Just purchased the app on a nexus on fido/rogers here in Canada. I installed the app enabled LTE and applied it. then chose the top most hybrid modem now my dialer is laggy. so I diabled lte but didn't select a stock modem and then unistalled the app. still have the dialer issue and now no wifi. What would be the stock modem for my headset? Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

have supersu rooted running franco kernel nightly 165
Did you already figured out the problem on the dialer because i had the same issue and more. So i was thinking since the the new udate was over the air (4.4.4) things weren't the same so i decided to flash the stock rom from googles website... And damn what a difference, everything works awesome even the dialer lol

gotokyo

Jan 25, 2011
I think there might be some server issues going on because I'm having issues downloading the modems. Are there any mirrors to the files so I can manually flash them?

Biggspeed

Jan 30, 2014
I'm not on KitKat but I did get it working with a different modem version.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

yaccri

Aug 12, 2014
'You are not rooted' message

When the app starts, it shows a 'You are not rooted' message.
I have a rooted nexus 4, Android ver. 4.4.4.

I verified with 'Simple Root Checker' and 'Root Checker' that the device is rooted.

Also, it doesn't ask for superuser privileges.

Any suggestions?

HarisA1

Oct 6, 2013
FIDO Users

Anyone else on fido, cant seem to find which one enables lte? Followed all the steps correctly, any help? Im on 4.4.4

moo113

Aug 27, 2008
If you're on 4.4.4, try using the newer 33/02 or 33/03 hybrid instead of the earlier versions. I think they're at bitly.com/makostuff on a Drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: blade86sam

liang512

Mar 31, 2014
I have two questions. Do I need to use this program every time when I flash a new rom? I see build.prop values changed to 10, and most others changed to 9. What's the difference? Thanks!

blade86sam

Jul 23, 2012
Montreal
So i was gonna test this today... went to my carrier, Videotron, asked them to gimme an LTE sim.. but sales rep refused... i was like wtf? why not?

he then said, since i have a nexus 4 (he did also), it doesnt support LTE. anyways i wasn't gonna tell them i rooted phone yada yada, i know it works etc... cause that would b stupid of me lol
he also said that if i would have gotten an LTE sim, and they detected my "non-LTE-compliant" device on the network, that they would shut the line. in my head i was like wtf? can they really do that? whatever lol

So i will have my GF, who is also on Videotron, but has the S4 to get her LTE sim, and ill test it that way... if it works nicely, ill call customer service directly and try n get them to send me one

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I have two questions. Do I need to use this program every time when I flash a new rom? I see build.prop values changed to 10, and most others changed to 9. What's the difference? Thanks!

according to upcoming features, "recovery mode for build.prop to survive nightly updates" indicates... that yep, you will have to run program and have it modify the build.prop on every nightly update you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: liang512

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
So i was gonna test this today... went to my carrier, Videotron, asked them to gimme an LTE sim.. but sales rep refused... i was like wtf? why not?

he then said, since i have a nexus 4 (he did also), it doesnt support LTE. anyways i wasn't gonna tell them i rooted phone yada yada, i know it works etc... cause that would b stupid of me lol
he also said that if i would have gotten an LTE sim, and they detected my "non-LTE-compliant" device on the network, that they would shut the line. in my head i was like wtf? can they really do that? whatever lol

So i will have my GF, who is also on Videotron, but has the S4 to get her LTE sim, and ill test it that way... if it works nicely, ill call customer service directly and try n get them to send me one

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

according to upcoming features, "recovery mode for build.prop to survive nightly updates" indicates... that yep, you will have to run program and have it modify the build.prop on every nightly update you do.

Vidéotron is Band 13 & will not work. As the OP states, Band 4 is required.

liang512

Mar 31, 2014
I signed up for Lycamobile, T-Mobile mvno. I flashed the build.prop and modern, and factory reset the rom. LTE setting sticks after reboot. However, preferred network switches to WCDMA/3G in certain areas, and LTE setting does not come back. I have to use dialpad INFO setting to change it back. Any fix? Thanks.

dito33

Jul 13, 2010
How to check what modem I flashed. In settings, about phone there is no info and baseband version is the one from the rom unchanged.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been working on this app for the past week and it is finally ready for release! It needs some cleaning up and a couple more features, but it is fully working as is. I had no experience with java or android app development before creating this. I am currently taking Computer Science at school and learning C++

6pxt8.png

Current features:
    • Choose and flash all of the available stock Nexus 4 modem images
    • Choose to flash some of the most popular Hybrid Modems with LTE enabled (More coming soon)
    • Auto flashes in recovery
    • Enable needed LTE at the push of a button
    • Ability to install latest TWRP for Nexus 4 from app.

Planned features:
    • CM Backup script for build.prop tweaks
    • Clean up UI
    • Credits in app
    • Request something good :D

Requirements:
    • Nexus 4 of course
    • Root

Credits:

Changelog

Available on Google Play
    Or direct download here

App is now open source!
    https://github.com/bpear96/Nexus-4-Modem-Flasher

Donate if you feel like it :).

Will I get LTE on my carrier?
    This can enable Band 4 LTE on the nexus 4. T-Mobile in the USA uses this for their entire current LTE network. AT&T in US uses it in select locations. Various carriers in Canada and Mexico are also using Band 4. Check the link above for your carrier.
    Okay, So im still working on the new simplified app. But for now I have a build with latest 1.03 modems for you guys.

Not on play store at the moment, but here is the APK.
    Im working on an update that is going to make things much more simple.

Auto detecting what version of android you are on, then use recommended radio to enable LTE in one click, and again disable lte and flash recommended stock modem in one click. Im still going to leave an advanced mode that can be toggle which will be similar to how the app is today.
    New beta build:

Lost keystore from old app sadly :( . Wont happen again, made sure to have it safely backed up.

Download here
    Really glad you all like the app so much! But I have ran into a problem. I have lost the keystore required to sign my app. I can make a new one, but that will require me to release on the play store as a new app unfortunately. I am going to try to recovery it, or find a backup of it. But if that fails I will be removing the ads from soon to be released free version.