Search This thread

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
KitKat Easter Egg BootAnimation By AbhishekS

Download Here
http://d-h.st/E7L
(couldn't attach to XDA as the limit for a zip on XDA is around 11mb)

So guys I was bored and decided to make a KitKat Easter Egg Bootanimation for my phone so that I can flaunt KitKat in front of my friends while booting the device too. :D
I pretty much liked the outcome so thought of sharing it with all of you.

The size of the zip is big for a bootanimation (32mb) because all the images used are of full 1280x720 resolution.

Installation:
To install, simply copy the zip file to system/media and give the permissions as rw-r-r (ie 644)

Download Here
http://d-h.st/E7L
(couldn't attach to XDA as the limit for a zip on XDA is around 11mb)

The video doesn't look too good as it's just for 5 seconds. But believe me it looks fantastic as the bootanimation on the phone because I have looped it.

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Very nice, thanks for sharing - when I accidentally came across the Easter Egg (trying to remember which of the rows to hit, to activate the developer options :)) I thought about creating a bootanimation, so you saved me the effort!

Reactions: AbhishekS

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
Flashable zip anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm not at home right now. Will create one when I reach home.

But you can download the currently uploaded zip too. Just copy it to system/media and change permissions to rw-r-r (644).

If you don't know how to change permissions then after pasting simply boot to recovery and tap on 'Fix Permissions'. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yusei and jcnbama

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Great work. Thanks for this. Would be awesome if someone could something with the dessert tike easter egg. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385286466151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385286466151.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 399

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro

TSDE73

Nov 14, 2010
What do you think about the changing of the animation like this. At the moment the fading in has reached its maximum point you should start fading out back to the start position and you have a fading in / fading out animation that loops. Will surely look better :) :confused:

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
What do you think about the changing of the animation like this. At the moment the fading in has reached its maximum point you should start fading out back to the start position and you have a fading in / fading out animation that loops. Will surely look better :) :confused:

Sounds interesting.
Have an exam coming up on the 27th. I'll post several versions with different animations on 27th after my exam.

Till then, keep such ideas coming in. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: TSDE73

Top Liked Posts