New Google Maps for Android for anyone interested

Search This thread

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
I like the new interface. Ties in well with the Google Now traffic/commute card. Also seems smoother/quicker than the previous version. I see why Google made such a big deal about it at I/O.

Edit: Looks like the Navigation UI was updated as well! Idk if it's placebo or what but it also seems like the transition between Maps and Nav is a lot quicker now as well (both opening and exiting Nav).

Last edited:

nascasho

Mar 8, 2008
Orange County, NY
nascasho.com
Now this is nice, very nice. Interface reorganization was a must from the old maps. I like the way it transitions to Navigation like it's seamless. Before it felt as though I was using Maps to find my route and let it open another app to navigate me. Now it feels more streamlined, liking it so far.

Thanks OP for upping this!

TobiS87

Sep 28, 2010
I really like the new interface! If this is what we can expect of KLP visually, its worth the wait. :D

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
zube5anu.jpg
ena8e7et.jpg
yge7u2u9.jpg
ra5u8e4e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Remoteconcern

May 27, 2011
They removed offline apps. I'm not normally one to complain, but that is awful. They might add it back, but removing such an important feature (especially while I'm in a foreign country :p) is extremely annoying!

Looks good though, the design aesthetic is nice.

alexbuga

May 11, 2010
They removed offline apps. I'm not normally one to complain, but that is awful. They might add it back, but removing such an important feature (especially while I'm in a foreign country :p) is extremely annoying!

Looks good though, the design aesthetic is nice.

Type "OK Maps" in the search, after zooming on the area. (From Google Maps blog).

PS: it FC on MIUI, dammit.

Reactions: Remoteconcern

Top Liked Posts