Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[July 1][APP][BOOTANIMATIONS BIBLE] Nexus 4 home of the Boot Box project.

Tip us?

maxv2002it
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Great!! It is wonderful!!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

fordstang99
Old
Thanks Meter 29
That boot screen is badass

Thank u

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

SubyWill
Old
Thanks Meter 103
This is awesome!
Rooted ΠΞXU5

Old
(Last edited by 2.0; 7th January 2013 at 12:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
hm. I can't seem to get it to load. I placed the file in system/media and in data/local and with permissions as rw-r--r--
EDIT: Now the bootloader is stuck halfway so how do i reflash the original bootloader zip file?
EDIT: OK Panic over, i managed to boot to a custom recovery and rename the bootanimation to something random so it doesnt boot that animation. Now the OS Loads!

overhauling
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Updates are coming soon. I'm currently testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0 View Post
hm. I can't seem to get it to load. I placed the file in system/media and in data/local and with permissions as rw-r--r--
What ROM are you using? If you're on AOKP you can load up the bootanimation.zip from ROM Control [General UI].
The Following User Says Thank You to overhauling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overhauling
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
EDIT: Now the bootloader is stuck halfway so how do i reflash the original bootloader zip file?
EDIT: OK Panic over, i managed to boot to a custom recovery and rename the bootanimation to something random so it doesnt boot that animation. Now the OS Loads!
Are you trying to use the boot animation on stock? If you're on stock, you may have issues so I suggest that you do a nandroid before trying it. Feedback is appreciated.

Old
(Last edited by 2.0; 7th January 2013 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
This is a request: Could you make one where the stock nexus bootloader comes on after the BIOS Style part passes? I have sort of made it but it made the bootanimation freeze. Could you check to see if there are any errors with it? Thank you
bootanimation_custom.zip

SubyWill
Old
Thanks Meter 103
My only problem is that my phone boots up so fast I can't see the entire animation.
Rooted ΠΞXU5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubyWill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overhauling
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This is a request: Could you make one where the stock nexus bootloader comes on after the BIOS Style part passes? I have sort of made it but it made the bootloader freeze. Could you check to see if there are any errors with it? Thank you
Attachment 1623338
Done! Coming right up.
The only error was that the animation was compressed, it has to be added in a .zip but without compressing ("store" only)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to overhauling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhauling View Post
Done! Coming right up.
The only error was that the animation was compressed, it has to be added in a .zip but without compressing ("store" only)
Oh I see, I used winRAR to create the zip file, could that be the reason why it froze halfway and couldn't boot to the OS?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Tags
animation, bible, bios, boot, nexus