5,594,282 Members 43,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Go Launcher Vs Nova Launcher.

Tip us?

AndroidKills
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Default Re: Go Launcher Vs Nova Launcher.

I prefer apex, why? Not because it's better than nova but you have features where in nova you'd have to pay for.
Overall I feel as if apex is pretty damn smooth has never let me down.
I like nova too but the freemium features aren't enough

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Mytouch3g / LG G2x / Nexus 7 - 2012~CM10.2 (Official Nightlies) / Nexus 4 16g~AOSPA 4.4
Nexus 7 - 2013 ~Stock, Rooted
Black Nexus 5 32g ~Stock, Rooted

emptyfoxhole
Old
Thanks Meter 0

To OP, search for 'Snack Pack' in the Play Store for a sweet minimalist icon pack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

matu7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Nova is the best!!

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieboy67 View Post
First off... Saying go launcher sucks and everything is really pretty lame. I can't believe any of you have really used it enough to have such an opinion.

They have an amazing team of developers and of you report bugs they will have it fixed with days.

I used Go for many months and the only reason I switched to Nova was because I wanted something really light my previous crappy phone. I got used to Nova prime and love it. I like it best but still do not see how anyone could say such bad things about Go. They really have some amazing features and widgets.

In terms of go being full of ads, I don't remember that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I used it on my ZTE Blade, Xperia Play and x10 mini pro for around a year. It sucks. It looks silly and cartoonish even with most of the themes available, it's a ram and CPU hog, it's full of bloatware and constantly tries to force you to download more Go crap.

calanizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Nova by far
DEVICE 1: AT&T HTC One 32gb: Stock rooted with some framework mods
DEVICE 2: ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb: Stock rooted

GUAYAQUIL - ECUADOR

cyanogendroid
Old
Thanks Meter 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergeticink View Post
I'm gonna have to say differently, I love Go Launcher, always been one of the best launchers on Android because it bring a unique and extreme customization to Android. Nova is a awesome launcher if you intend to run a pure android experience but with tons of customization. I have always gone back and forth from Nova and Go but since Go Launcher had an update to their UI last year I have been reporting a specific issue to them but they still have yet to fix this issue, so until they do I will not use it as my daily driver. I do have hopes that they will someday.
No.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyfoxhole View Post
To OP, search for 'Snack Pack' in the Play Store for a sweet minimalist icon pack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
+1 Tersus is also very good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
HTC One - 4.4 Insertcoin 7.0.3 S-OFF
Nexus S i9023 - 4.4.1 EuroSkank with ART

moocowz
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by calanizzle View Post
Nova by far
Nova. Ftw. Best launcher. And I have tried Go, Apex, ADW & stock ICS/JB. Nova just has the best options, features, speed. Smooth as butta. Just works! Bought the premium version to get all the bells and whistles/support talented developers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
`.`.`. _ ...
Previous ROM: Touched by a SGSIII v2.2 7 Simple, Smooth and Fast - Recommended!
Previous Phones: Nokia C1-01 > Kyocera M1000> HTC TouchPro > T-mobile MyTouch > Mytouch 4g >
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII (White)
Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
ROM: SuperNexus dev by Faryaab
Built from source to E4GT by: KTempleton
Recovery: TWRP 2.4 // Modem: ICS modem FI24
The Following User Says Thank You to moocowz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Turboboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 81
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en
HTC One (M8) S-off/Rooted Stock ROM debloated

suua
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Nova, by far is the best for me its near perfect!! i just wish it had an option to have a holo white theme, nova settings in white and the appdrawer!
I must admin that i like Tile Launcher to, but it not so much icons.. Go launcher, not for me =)
LG beast(G2) AOSP

Rickav
Old
Thanks Meter 147

For me, I'd have to side with Go.

When I started out with Android, I wanted more customisation features to really personalise each of my pages and some more. And Nova did the job brilliantly from choosing the number of to so much more. (On a side note, I believe Apex to be ridiculously similar to Nova, however, Apex wins it for me due to a few extra features and I like the blue/black colour scheme).

Eventually, though, you come to a point where you are at a standstill. Nova only goes so far. It simply extends the limits put forward by the stock firmware. That's when Go comes in.

It knows no boundaries.
It knows no limits.
It knows... Nothing.

In other words, the customisations available with Go are extraordinary. From choosing a set of random page transitions to controlling every minute details of all the apps, as well as providing one of the best app drawers I've seen so far. (The dang thing has a background apps killer inbuilt while displaying the amount of free ram available).

Currently, I use it with conjunction to Multilive Pictures Wallpaper as part of a 3D UI... The effects are astonishing. Sure there are better launchers out there purely for eye candy, but Go does it with the most stability and not going completely over the top.

Cons: Yes it comes with junk advertising. But when did hold and delete become so difficult?
It will need some extra RAM. But RAM for it to be used. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.
Battery life might take a minor hit. No avoiding that.

Go: Still the best launcher in my opinion. (Using in Note II).
If you would like 20GB free, permanent and secure cloud storage space, follow me...

Owner of Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
ROM: Alliance V5.2 | Previously Phoenix V16.7
Kernel: AGNi pureStock V3.9.4 with OC/UV Script
Recovery: Devil Touch V6.0.4.5 | Previously TWRP V2.6.3 | PhilZ Touch V5.15

...I am not a smrt man... But I try to make the most of it... Sometimes...

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe