XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

Tip us?

sarni84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630
Default light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

Just thought I would share that this app works great with the nexus 4. It actually is running flawless for me right now go check it out in play store. You can control your led light on the front of the device with just about any notification and color
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lightflowlite
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to sarni84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FLNexus
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Yeah I love light flow I use it on my galaxy nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to FLNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Luckily one of the android blog sites helped test the app so I managed to get a release out before the phone came out. I'd hoped to get one myself, but 10 cart errors later and they'd all gone!

Glad it seems to be working ok. I'm working on improving the calendar reminder notification as they seem to go a little crazy at the moment due to change in the way notifications are displayed now (ie snooze a notification and it won't totally disappear from your notification bar - you won't get an icon, but it's still there when you pull down the bar). So this is causing some extra notifications while on snooze, but I'm hoping to get a fix out for it soon. At least I can recreate it on my galaxy nexus on 4.2.
Author of Light Flow
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jameslfc5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
I was getting my led glowing randomly since installing so I uninstalled.. Was I doing something wrong?

Also how badly does lightflow affect the battery?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

6i9
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have the full version.

I've noticed some colours aren't working properly. eg. Indigo will show the some colour LED as red, Navy and Blue look the same too.
Would really appreciate if someone could make a list of all the true colours that actually work?

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslfc5 View Post
I was getting my led glowing randomly since installing so I uninstalled.. Was I doing something wrong?

Also how badly does lightflow affect the battery?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
A couple of things with this. Swiping away notifications won't stop the led at the moment: vote for this android feature request here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23106

Also try adding the light flow debugger widget to a homescreen as that will tell you which notifications it thinks are on.

As for battery drain, I think it varies for different people depending on what settings they use. I try to set the default app settings to be fairly sensible on battery drain.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6i9 View Post
I have the full version.

I've noticed some colours aren't working properly. eg. Indigo will show the some colour LED as red, Navy and Blue look the same too.
Would really appreciate if someone could make a list of all the true colours that actually work?
I'm planning in a future release to have a section where you can remap the preset colors to new RGB values as it's one of those things that varies a little from phone to phone. The colors were originally based on what the nexus one could manage (it was probably the best phone for color representation) and then tweaked a little for the galaxy nexus.

As I've not seen a nexus 4 (stupid google play checkout errors) yet I've not been able to experiment.
Author of Light Flow
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vinchenson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed the lite app, dunno why, my led was active all the time (white colour), even without notifications or plane mode. I uninstalled the app, and now my led doesnt work (Nexus 4)

PnkPwrRngr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'd really like to jump on board with this app, but after a report of "My LED doesn't work anymore" I'm scared. I think I'll wait for the dev to get his own n4 to work out n4 specific kinks/quirks.

rojovelasco
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
A couple of things with this. Swiping away notifications won't stop the led at the moment: vote for this android feature request here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23106

Also try adding the light flow debugger widget to a homescreen as that will tell you which notifications it thinks are on.

As for battery drain, I think it varies for different people depending on what settings they use. I try to set the default app settings to be fairly sensible on battery drain.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I'm planning in a future release to have a section where you can remap the preset colors to new RGB values as it's one of those things that varies a little from phone to phone. The colors were originally based on what the nexus one could manage (it was probably the best phone for color representation) and then tweaked a little for the galaxy nexus.

As I've not seen a nexus 4 (stupid google play checkout errors) yet I've not been able to experiment.
Regarding to this, I have to say that the custom color mode works very straight for me, the color that I chose is the colour what I see (taking into account the obvious deviations from IPS and RGB led, of course).

dexter_walrus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Under Settings there's something that says "Additional LEDs Found" and there's 4 LEDs there:

lcd-backlight control
lm3530 control
pm8xxx-led control
spotlight control

Any idea what these are for?

Thanks