OP sarni84

22nd November 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #21  
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 60

373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmesCell

What? No. Outside of only inbox and not priority inbox it's working great. Same as on my S3. It sounds like you didn't properly setup your dismiss settings for how you want it. There are a lot of options.

I've just restored the settings I had in my s3 where was working fine

Edit
Never mind, in some way may settings weren't sticking, I've reinstalled it and now is working fine

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by kaiowas82; 22nd November 2012 at 04:10 AM.
22nd November 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 358

1,700 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenson

I installed the lite app, dunno why, my led was active all the time (white colour), even without notifications or plane mode. I uninstalled the app, and now my led doesnt work (Nexus 4)

Installed it used for about 3 days uninstalled it right now tested my LED still works

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2012, 07:39 AM   |  #23  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 619

626 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter_walrus

Under Settings there's something that says "Additional LEDs Found" and there's 4 LEDs there:

lcd-backlight control
lm3530 control
pm8xxx-led control
spotlight control

Any idea what these are for?

Thanks

This is a generic part of the app that looks for any potential led drivers on the phone without specifically knowing what they actually are used for. Handy on some phones that have additional leds, or wimax lights etc.

Generally if you've got a real notification light like on the nexus 4 they won't do anything useful. Don't play with the backlight option as it'll be the screen backlight and you won't want the app trying to control that. I'm not sure what the others will be though.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmesCell

Anyone having problems with Gmail? If I set Light Flow to use priority inbox I don't get notification lights. If I uncheck use priority inbox then it works.

As discussed in mails, this is something I'm aware of and trying to fix as a few things changed with gmail in 4.2. AmesCell, thanks for pointing me back to the thread

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukerFlakes

I have a weird bug with LightFlow. When it is enabled i will randomly get Accessibility voice when inside chrome. Like, she will say "NEW TAB" or she will call out the page title of every thing. Then if I disable light Flow, the bug is gone.

Would like to use it but if with this here....i can't. Unless i got something set up wrong, but i check all accessibility settings and they are off except for light flow

Try going into your phone settings, accessibility and make sure "enhance web accessibility" is set to "not allowed". This seems to be an accessibility bug that's been carried over from the galaxy nexus.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiowas82

Tested it a couple of day and is not working properly, light notifications are very slow to get dismissed and sometimes the led blink without a reason

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Try adding the lightflow debug widget to a homescreen. It'll help you know which notifications the app thinks are on.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy

Using LEDBlinker Pro personally. Works spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

I hadn't heard of this app until recently, but I've actually just been helping them get bits working in their app!

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmith81

Installed it used for about 3 days uninstalled it right now tested my LED still works

I'm not sure I understand that statement. The phone does have some led support by default, but it's fairly limited.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 17

152 posts
Trying to get this app to work on my Nexus 4. Anytime I try to open the app, screen goes black and crashes (says to wait, report or exit). Each and every time. Any ideas?

Maybe there's another app? I want to change the LED speed/color and the vibration length if I can.
Last edited by squadz; 22nd November 2012 at 03:44 PM.
22nd November 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #25  
Granville, OH
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
More
Just curious... Has anyone had problems with multiple notifications? As in getting a text and an email at the same time? When that happens, the colors flash erratically... Like from blue to green to red... The colors change just fine with one notification but with multiple notifications it's a bit nutty...

Great app nonetheless.

:edit:

After talking to Andrew it was a pretty simple fix... Just changed the notification methods to "fast." Definitely worth the investment to unlock that feature...
Last edited by petraman; 22nd November 2012 at 07:21 PM.
22nd November 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 358

1,700 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpmoore

I'm not sure I understand that statement. The phone does have some led support by default, but it's fairly limited.

Someone stated that after using light flow and deleting it..... That it broke the stock LED notification.... I am replying to it and saying that it doesn't break it.
23rd November 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 211

1,743 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea, I uninstalled it right after I read that it broke or messed up the led light. So this is safe right? All I want is a fast blink rate for SMS.

Sent from my Nexus 4
23rd November 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #28  
Flag Logan
Thanks Meter: 287

1,235 posts
More
This app is awesome! Never used it before the N4, but the customizability is outstanding. I did notice that once I set charging notification to single short vibrate, I got random single short vibrations at no regular interval, toggled the app disabled and enabled, seemed to fix it. If I get it again I'll use the debug widget.

But for anyone having random notifications, try disabling and re-enabling the app in the settings menu once your notification profiles are finalized.
23rd November 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 211

1,743 posts
Donate to Me
More
no drainage in battery??? anyone?
23rd November 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,970

5,818 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles2224

no drainage in battery??? anyone?

Its negligible if you set you led timeout to something reasonable, like after 3 minutes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread