Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

Tip us?

zaki67
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

I think you should develope a light flow for blackberry Z10!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaki67 View Post
I think you should develope a light flow for blackberry Z10!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
If I had more time I might consider it! As a "spare time project" I can't even keep up adding the features I want to lightflow (my todo list has at least 100 things on it!)
Maybe if I managed to change to working full time on apps I will do
Author of Light Flow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spunkie_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there anyway to trigger a front led notification when the back led flash is on/off?

parker_dhd
Old
Thanks Meter 1

I've run into a bit of an annoyance - I've got light flow set to flash a white LED when the device is charging, which works fine with the screen off/locked. However when I unlock the 'stock' yellowy/orange charging LED comes on.

Is it possible to turn this off? Would it be a ROM issue?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

steviewevie
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker_dhd View Post
I've run into a bit of an annoyance - I've got light flow set to flash a white LED when the device is charging, which works fine with the screen off/locked. However when I unlock the 'stock' yellowy/orange charging LED comes on.

Is it possible to turn this off? Would it be a ROM issue?
There is no charging LED in the stock ROM, you must be running a custom ROM with something in it to do this, or have some additional app.

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to steviewevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

parker_dhd
Old
(Last edited by parker_dhd; 18th February 2013 at 01:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie View Post
There is no charging LED in the stock ROM, you must be running a custom ROM with something in it to do this, or have some additional app.

Sent from my Nexus 4
I am running a custom ROM (Dark Jelly) - I'll search through and see if there's a setting for the LED.

Edit: found it under Interface -> System. I clearly didn't look very hard the first time >_<

eldaveo
Old
(Last edited by eldaveo; 18th February 2013 at 09:49 PM.) Reason: More info
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there, first-time poster.

Just wanted to let you know that this app is GREAT! The Nexus 4's built-in LED is rather ignored by default (Facebook of all things tipped me off that the even phone HAD a notification LED), and Light Flow really unlocks the potential of it.

Just one weird issue though. When I've got multiple notifications, Light Flow can't seem to decide which color to display when.

As a test, I've got Bluetooth (blue) and Phone Signal (white) turned on (two permanent notifications). What happens, is once I turn the screen off, it goes something like this:

Blue, blu-WHITE!, blue, blu-WHITE!, etc (although sometimes it's white being interrupted by blue instead).

Basically, it's not cycling properly, with the blue starting to come on a second time in a row, then getting interrupted by the white. Expected behavior is simply blue, white, blue, white.

I've tried playing with the notification method/frequency settings in the settings section, and the LED flash rate in the notification itself, but with no change apart from the expected behavior of those settings. Any tips on how to solve this?

Rooted Nexus 4, stock Android 4.2.2, full version of Light Flow

Thanks!

EDIT: Just to note, it's not always the same pattern. To better explain it, it seems like they're out of phase with each other. Sometimes it looks fine (like right now), sometimes one interrupts the other (like five minutes ago). Seems to vary over time, never staying consistent on the same pattern for more than a few minutes at a time.

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaveo View Post
Hi there, first-time poster.

Just wanted to let you know that this app is GREAT! The Nexus 4's built-in LED is rather ignored by default (Facebook of all things tipped me off that the even phone HAD a notification LED), and Light Flow really unlocks the potential of it.

Just one weird issue though. When I've got multiple notifications, Light Flow can't seem to decide which color to display when.

As a test, I've got Bluetooth (blue) and Phone Signal (white) turned on (two permanent notifications). What happens, is once I turn the screen off, it goes something like this:

Blue, blu-WHITE!, blue, blu-WHITE!, etc (although sometimes it's white being interrupted by blue instead).

Basically, it's not cycling properly, with the blue starting to come on a second time in a row, then getting interrupted by the white. Expected behavior is simply blue, white, blue, white.

I've tried playing with the notification method/frequency settings in the settings section, and the LED flash rate in the notification itself, but with no change apart from the expected behavior of those settings. Any tips on how to solve this?

Rooted Nexus 4, stock Android 4.2.2, full version of Light Flow

Thanks!

EDIT: Just to note, it's not always the same pattern. To better explain it, it seems like they're out of phase with each other. Sometimes it looks fine (like right now), sometimes one interrupts the other (like five minutes ago). Seems to vary over time, never staying consistent on the same pattern for more than a few minutes at a time.
That's true. I'd like to get it blue, white, blue white and technically I could but that would mean every flash off the led I'd need to partially wake the phone to run the code to switch the led off or on. The current method just issues an on/off timing to the led driver via android and therefore only needs to change less frequently. I've found choosing a faster flash rate looks better as the difference between 4 or 5 quicker flashes is much less noticeable. I've one or two ideas in the future I'll probably experiment with this and improving it, but very few phones actually pay any attention to the actual timings sent to the led. e.g. motorola phones ignore it and have a fixed led flash rate. The galaxy nexus has a few speeds but it's not really user customisable (there's probably about 5 different pre-defined speeds which the driver will just pick the nearest speed). It's the same for the S3 and note2.
Author of Light Flow
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1884

But who cares about THOSE phones
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Mahdi-Rom 4.4.4 [v2.7 08/07/2014] (Franco [#r57]) root: [superSU v2.0]
Nexus 4 : mako
Rom (Kernel): AOKP_ROM 4.3.1 [#aokp_mako_jb-mr2_2013-11-14] (Franco [#r193-JWR])
Retired - HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs

pak-stars
Old
Thanks Meter 70

no problem with flow lite