Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

Tip us?

ryan stewart
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermacwins View Post
I wiped and flashed Paranoid Android today and installed the newest version of lightflow and I could not restore from a backup I made incl Titanium Backup. Where is it usually stored?

Now I need to do all the settings again. I really hope you can add a global settings soon so all apps share one settings
You can backup to a file from Lightflow and then it just stores it under sdcard\lightflow. I uploaded that file to Google Drive and when I flash the phone I can just download it, move it to that folder and then choose restore from within Lightflow and that file is listed as an option.

xJakeyy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Really want to give this a good go, but people are reporting bad battery life. Is this an issue?

grubbster
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJakeyy View Post
Really want to give this a good go, but people are reporting bad battery life. Is this an issue?
Total non-issue. Very light on the battery and very few wake locks. Try it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to grubbster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Number R09
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Default Re: light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

Quote:
I've been using this for a couple months on my N4 and it never shows on my battery usage list. I've experienced zero ill side effects with LightFlow installed, battery or performance wise. I wouldn't consider running my phone without it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
my obligatory DropBox and SugarSync links.

ryan stewart
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
It made not measurable impact on my Galaxy Nexus for a whole year. Can't say I can compare on the N4 as the phone was never without it.

Fr3lncr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
Try go into your phone settings, accessibility and switch off and back on lightflow as both of those notification use the accessibility service to be monitored for.
Cheers
Andrew.
Hi Andrew,

Just FYI that I tried that, as well as rebooting, reconfiguring LighFlow for Tweets and still no go with Carbon. However, I have no problem with it working for TweetCaster so maybe it is just an issue with Carbon?

Though I like Carbon a bit better than TweetCaster, since I have a working solution I guess I'm good but just FYI for something to look into for other users of Carbon (unless I'm the only one who has the issue).

Cheers.

ermacwins
Old
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
You can backup to a file from Lightflow and then it just stores it under sdcard\lightflow. I uploaded that file to Google Drive and when I flash the phone I can just download it, move it to that folder and then choose restore from within Lightflow and that file is listed as an option.
Yes I know, I made a backup but when I wanted to restore after flashing a new rom, it wasnt there
LG Nexus 4: AOSPAL 4.0 [BETA6] 20140222
Samsung Galaxy SII: AOSP NeatROM v2.8
LG G PAD 8.3: Paranoid Android 4.1 Beta 2
iPad 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post44803298

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I wiped and flashed Paranoid Android today and installed the newest version of lightflow and I could not restore from a backup I made incl Titanium Backup. Where is it usually stored?

Now I need to do all the settings again. I really hope you can add a global settings soon so all apps share one settings
The backup is usually stored in /lightflow directory of your "sdcard" or virtual memory on the nexus 4

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangKid View Post
One of my gripes with this app: if you have the "swipe notification shade down, turn off the notification", the notification is turned off if you swipe down the quick settings shade. I don't know if this has been fixed yet or not, but it would be nice if the app was catered for the Nexus since all of the latest Nexus' will run into this problem.
I'll see if there's an new accessibility events to be able to differentiate between the two.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Most reports on the play store relate to the s3 (and the bugger usa version at that). With android 4.0 on the s3 there's so many hoops to go through to control the led, it's usually were the problems lay.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Yes I know, I made a backup but when I wanted to restore after flashing a new rom, it wasnt there
If you've flashed did your memory get wiped? After having a phone with an sdcard slot that's one thing I miss. Clear everything, but still have things on the sdcard instead of loosing everything.
Author of Light Flow

asdfghjkzxc
Old
Thanks Meter 10
andrew is a very helpful.

i want to thank you again in publicly
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4813709_1.gif

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghjkzxc View Post
andrew is a very helpful. i want to thank you again in publicly
there be a BUTTON for that
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Mahdi-Rom 4.4.4 [v2.7 Test-14/09/2014 (ART)] (Franco [#r63]) root: [superSU v2.02] TWRP
Retired - Nexus 4 (standby phone), HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs