5,600,725 Members 38,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][APP]AwesomeBEATS™ v.5 For ALL ANDROID AOSP ROMS(02.05.13) Experience BEATS

Tip us?

Vision81
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer312 View Post
When awesome beats is checked under sound settings and I go into beats to tweak sound it doesn't do anything. When I check awesomebeatsv5 in sound settings and use awesomebeatsv5 to tweak sound it works great. What did I do wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I've noticed that some music players arent compatible with awesome beats so instead tweak with v5 until you have your system perfected. Took me about an hour last night but Pandora, Google Music, and SiriusXM are all pushed to their limits on my Nexus 7.

Simply put, if the regular AwesomBeats doesn't work use the v5 until you find an acceptable quality that works with all apps. Don't know if thats what Awesome intended but thats what worked for me.

Gustave17
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default Re: [MOD][APP]AwesomeBEATS™ v.5 For ALL ANDROID AOSP ROMS(02.05.13) Experience BEATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Ce View Post
Installed Awesome Beats v5 + Fix and it screwed up my phone's mic. After I flashed I called up my bro and he told me he could barely understand anything I was saying, telling me I sounded like madly shouting into the phones mic...

Reverted the mod and all was fine again. Using AOKP, chose the AOKP installation in Aroma.
Same here...

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4
Phone: Nexus 5 32Go
ROM: Purity & RastaKat by Banks
Kernel: Faux123
Recovery: TWRP MultiRom

Phone: HTC Sensation
ROM: Android Revolution HD 7.3
Kernel: Faux 013

Tablet: Archos 101G9 8Gb + SD 32Gb + 3G Stick
Firmware:Archos 4.0.28(4.0.4) - Root & Deodexed

yyz71
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjar124 View Post
Are you sure you did every step right? What ROM are you on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
I did every step correctly and using MAKO Vanilla RootBox nightly 3.7
Phone Nexus 5 White 32Gb
Rom Stock Deodexed+Odexed 4.4.2
Kernel ElementalX-N5-0.32
Carrier Virgin Mobile LTE

Tablet Nexus 7 32Gb Wifi (2013)

farmer312
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: [MOD][APP]AwesomeBEATS™ v.5 For ALL ANDROID AOSP ROMS(02.05.13) Experience BEATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision81 View Post
I've noticed that some music players arent compatible with awesome beats so instead tweak with v5 until you have your system perfected. Took me about an hour last night but Pandora, Google Music, and SiriusXM are all pushed to their limits on my Nexus 7.

Simply put, if the regular AwesomBeats doesn't work use the v5 until you find an acceptable quality that works with all apps. Don't know if thats what Awesome intended but thats what worked for me.
I only tried slacker. I do use siriusxm, pandora, and play music a lot though. So you are saying none of those worked for you unless you used v5?

Vision81
Old
Thanks Meter 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer312 View Post
I only tried slacker. I do use siriusxm, pandora, and play music a lot though. So you are saying none of those worked for you unless you used v5?

Google Music should work with Awesome beats everything else I had to use v5. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Vision81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Digital_Fidelity
Old
Thanks Meter 11

I bought the premium edition but none of the mods are making any difference, I use power amp and Pandora and I'm on xylon stable Feb 11. I've tried tweaking both the beats apps but nothing seems to do anything. When I did that stuff in terminal it said that stuff about it being read only a whole bunch so I flashed that fix posted a few pages back but still nothing. I have always loved your sound mods on my other phones and ROMs, how can I get this working?

Sent from Xylon on a Nexus 4

Vision81
Old
Thanks Meter 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Fidelity View Post
I bought the premium edition but none of the mods are making any difference, I use power amp and Pandora and I'm on xylon stable Feb 11. I've tried tweaking both the beats apps but nothing seems to do anything. When I did that stuff in terminal it said that stuff about it being read only a whole bunch so I flashed that fix posted a few pages back but still nothing. I have always loved your sound mods on my other phones and ROMs, how can I get this working?

In your terminal emulator type this.

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
awesome
reboot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vision81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Digital_Fidelity
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Quote:
In your terminal emulator type this.

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
awesome
reboot

Thank you, that got past the error message but there's still no difference in Pandora or power amp.... I'm about to flash a new ROM, domination, I'll try on that one and update after

Vision81
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Fidelity View Post
Thank you, that got past the error message but there's still no difference in Pandora or power amp.... I'm about to flash a new ROM, domination, I'll try on that one and update after

It may not work unless its a "native" music app. Not 100% positive, but try with Play Music and see how it works. I know the Premium version works with everything.

Digital_Fidelity
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Quote:
It may not work unless its a "native" music app. Not 100% positive, but try with Play Music and see how it works. I know the Premium version works with everything.
I have the premium version but it doesn't make any difference with my music apps, haven't tried Google play music before but that's because it doesn't play my lossless files.... It does seem to make an overall difference though, I just can't make any changes

Dominating my Nexus 4