[MOD] Battery percentage MOD Tool for Android 4.3

Search This thread

dobah

Dec 6, 2010
I just installed a nexus 4 factory image for 4.3, rooted, and installed custom recovery. The one I used is called numbers. I checked a few times and the stock battery screen showed 97%, 95%, 94%, and 91% but the battery percentage on the top bar always shows 100. For some reason when the stock battery screen hit 88%, 87%, 86%, or 84%, then the battery icon on top showed 85%. For the people that have said it doesn't work, it is true sometimes.

I just downloaded Lucid battery from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43936869&postcount=3 and so far all the percentages that I have seen match in the settings battery screen and the top bar. Something is going on but I don't know enough details to help.

Last edited:

vic6888

Dec 30, 2012
Bangalore
xposed gravity box and this??

i already use gravitybox mod of xposed framework. since the gravitybox also modifies system ui will there be any conflicts if i install this pack too?

underlord1

Nov 29, 2012
instructions

Im new to this modding and stuff.
I just installed PA 3.99.
how do i change the icon ?
pls help out guys:confused:

n3n3

Feb 20, 2012
Update: The icons were a bit to small, now using "Circle_Percent" from the Op and the size is right. The Attachments are updated.
---------------------------------------
The Modtool works for the Nexus 7 2013 too :)
I used the following Icons: Battery_circle_1%_Android.4.3.zip from this post.
The flashable Zip didn't worked for me, but copying the SystemUi.apk to /system/app with TotalCommander worked.
Dont forget to backup your stock SystemUi.apk ;)

JSS15Q - Nexus 7 2013 Wifi - Stock Rom

to download this file as zip, this correct or rename to apk at rootexplorer is possible to do?

Conte Mascetti

Jun 23, 2013

Sir, I just wanted to let you know I successfully and easily modded battery icon on my galaxy nexus with CM nightly 10.2-20131011. Thank you a lot!
5esagu2u.jpg

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk

Reactions: brainmaster

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
Howdy!

Any plan to make a flashable zip for the stock 4.4 ROM KRT16M? I'm looking forward to customising my Nexus 5 :)

Shot from Nexus 5 via XDA Premium HD

God_

Jan 14, 2011
Please Update to 4.4 and put transparency bars :laugh::laugh::laugh: plz plz plz

molitar

Mar 10, 2009
Hmm.. I found out why this hangs at adding battery and that is because my sys folder is called drawable-xxhdpi and not drawable-xhdpi so if anyone else is stuck check the name of your /systemui/app/res/folder names they maybe slightly different.

Last edited:

evans12356

Nov 30, 2014
pls could someone supply me with the stock blue no % battery zip to flash I would be so greatfull thanks:D:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

i would like this too

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

actually could someone send me the stock samsung jelly bean systemui icons? preferably just the status bar icons and just the png files i dont want to flash anything or modify my sytemui.apk i just need to png files so i can change my status bar icons with the app systemui icons thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since there wore many requests for the battery percentage mods, I've ported this MOD Tool so that its now working with Android 4.3.

Download the zip file, read the instructions.txt file, follow the instructions and be happy.

Included are 18 different battery styles. Some can be found here.

When the new Android build gets released, I'll update the tool.

If you can't flash it using the MOD Tools own flash zip, then take the SystemUI.apk from the Output Files/Modded Apk folder and drop it in the attached Battery MOD Flasher zip in the system/app folder. Flash it in the recovery.

EDIT: Added the Battery.percentage.modifier. Once you have modded the SystemUI with the mod tool and you want easily to change the battery icons, just drop the 204 png's in the BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder and flash the zip in the recovery.

Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.3
    Here we go, attached are again 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.2 (JDQ39). If anybody wants other images from the image resources just tell me.

Always keep a backup of SystemUI.apk (and SystemUI.odex; located in /system/app/), you might need those for future OTA updates and of course in case something goes wrong.
    don't know they are the correct steps or not, but it seem works

Works perfectly, thanks. I made the following 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.1 (JOP40D) for the lazy ones.

Edit 2:
    The zip's are perfectly working now, thanks to floepie!
    Just tested, using OP's tools, follow ygvuhb's step and floepie's adjustment

This method works on 4.2.2 too

GREAT;)

STEP

1. Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1, unzip it and choose which battery icons your like (in "Image Resources" folder)
    2. Copy battery icons into "Input_Images"
    3. Using root file explorer go to your nexus 4's \system\app\ copy "SystemUI.apk" and \system\framework\ copy "framework-res.apk"
    4. Paste "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" in folder "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Input_APKs "

5. Edit "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat and exchange line 81---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36893421&postcount=95

6. Double-click "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat" and sit back and wait
    7. Download Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip
    8. Copy the updated SystemUI.apk (in "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Output\Modded_ APK") and use 7zip paste it in Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip\system\app\ (don't unzip it)
    9. Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip is updated, copy it in your nexus 4 and boot to recovery , flash it
    10. Reboot your nexus 4, then your will get the updated battery icons
    Hi there,
    Here is the flashable zip i created with the help of brainmasters great tool and Hung0702s generated PNGs.
    I flashed it with RomManager -> "Flash Rom from SDcard" and it worked just fine - no bootloops or anything.

As you can see in the screenshot, the size matches the other icons and looks great.
    I used the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from my device, which has the stock JellyBean 4.2.1 JOP40D Build installed.
    Have fun with it!

The Icons in the "Quick-Settings-Menu" (swipe down with two fingers) are not altered!