[MOD] Battery percentage MOD Tool for Android 4.3

Search This thread

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
So, since there wore many requests for the battery percentage mods, I've ported this MOD Tool so that its now working with Android 4.3.

Download the zip file, read the instructions.txt file, follow the instructions and be happy.

Included are 18 different battery styles. Some can be found here.

When the new Android build gets released, I'll update the tool.

If you can't flash it using the MOD Tools own flash zip, then take the SystemUI.apk from the Output Files/Modded Apk folder and drop it in the attached Battery MOD Flasher zip in the system/app folder. Flash it in the recovery.

EDIT: Added the Battery.percentage.modifier. Once you have modded the SystemUI with the mod tool and you want easily to change the battery icons, just drop the 204 png's in the BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder and flash the zip in the recovery.

Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.3

Attachments

• Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip
    142.4 KB · Views: 4,262
  • BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip
    569.7 KB · Views: 4,012
  • Image.Resources.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,610
Last edited:

MattyPW

Apr 28, 2006
Just tried this as I've been wanting a custom battery icon since getting my N4!!

Unfortunately it doesnt work! The resulting ZIP file when flashing says it cannot mount and to check the MOD.config file. Im currently playing around with that file but dont really know what im doing lol

grubbster

Dec 31, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just tried this as I've been wanting a custom battery icon since getting my N4!!

Unfortunately it doesnt work! The resulting ZIP file when flashing says it cannot mount and to check the MOD.config file. Im currently playing around with that file but dont really know what im doing lol
I don't think this is a flash file. Unzip it and there is instructions inside.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Brainmaster, the instructions state for ics deodexed. Have you tried this on stock jb?

MattyPW

Apr 28, 2006
I've manually copied the APK file and replaced the one in System\Apps. Caused some interesting "SystemUI has stopped working" messages until I could close and reboot the phone. After a reboot it is now working fine :)

Seems like just the flash ZIP file is broken, possibly due to the sdcard/0 folder??

Hung0702

Mar 1, 2009
Google Pixel 6
The battery icon ends up being a little small for my settings. Any way I could get it to be bigger?

00nd5.png

jak3z

Aug 7, 2010
A Coruña
www.ziritione.net
This tool is super awesome !!!!!!!!!!! No more touching apk files by myself.

Btw I recommend using 7Zip to open the zip file and include under the "app" folder the apk file.

Did anyone notice that sometimes when the phone is charging you get the "stock" vertical battery icon and minutes later changes back to the one you moded? :confused:

evo2dn

Jun 21, 2010
This tool is super awesome !!!!!!!!!!! No more touching apk files by myself.

Btw I recommend using 7Zip to open the zip file and include under the "app" folder the apk file.

Did anyone notice that sometimes when the phone is charging you get the "stock" vertical battery icon and minutes later changes back to the one you moded? :confused:

Yes. For charging, it switches back and forth between the modified charging PNG and non charging PNG. Also at the 85%, 71%, 57%, 43%, 28%, and 15% mark,there is no percentage number in the icon.

Last edited:
Reactions: donkeyhitman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since there wore many requests for the battery percentage mods, I've ported this MOD Tool so that its now working with Android 4.3.

Download the zip file, read the instructions.txt file, follow the instructions and be happy.

Included are 18 different battery styles. Some can be found here.

When the new Android build gets released, I'll update the tool.

If you can't flash it using the MOD Tools own flash zip, then take the SystemUI.apk from the Output Files/Modded Apk folder and drop it in the attached Battery MOD Flasher zip in the system/app folder. Flash it in the recovery.

EDIT: Added the Battery.percentage.modifier. Once you have modded the SystemUI with the mod tool and you want easily to change the battery icons, just drop the 204 png's in the BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder and flash the zip in the recovery.

Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.3
    Here we go, attached are again 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.2 (JDQ39). If anybody wants other images from the image resources just tell me.

Always keep a backup of SystemUI.apk (and SystemUI.odex; located in /system/app/), you might need those for future OTA updates and of course in case something goes wrong.
    don't know they are the correct steps or not, but it seem works

Works perfectly, thanks. I made the following 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.1 (JOP40D) for the lazy ones.

Edit 2:
    The zip's are perfectly working now, thanks to floepie!
    Just tested, using OP's tools, follow ygvuhb's step and floepie's adjustment

This method works on 4.2.2 too

GREAT;)

STEP

1. Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1, unzip it and choose which battery icons your like (in "Image Resources" folder)
    2. Copy battery icons into "Input_Images"
    3. Using root file explorer go to your nexus 4's \system\app\ copy "SystemUI.apk" and \system\framework\ copy "framework-res.apk"
    4. Paste "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" in folder "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Input_APKs "

5. Edit "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat and exchange line 81---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36893421&postcount=95

6. Double-click "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat" and sit back and wait
    7. Download Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip
    8. Copy the updated SystemUI.apk (in "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Output\Modded_ APK") and use 7zip paste it in Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip\system\app\ (don't unzip it)
    9. Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip is updated, copy it in your nexus 4 and boot to recovery , flash it
    10. Reboot your nexus 4, then your will get the updated battery icons
    Hi there,
    Here is the flashable zip i created with the help of brainmasters great tool and Hung0702s generated PNGs.
    I flashed it with RomManager -> "Flash Rom from SDcard" and it worked just fine - no bootloops or anything.

As you can see in the screenshot, the size matches the other icons and looks great.
    I used the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from my device, which has the stock JellyBean 4.2.1 JOP40D Build installed.
    Have fun with it!

The Icons in the "Quick-Settings-Menu" (swipe down with two fingers) are not altered!