[MOD] [N4] BEATS+XLOUDER 4.4.1/4.4.2 [22/12/13] ☆ #BangonPhilippines! ☆

Search This thread

ejadsyahrizad

Oct 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Does this work on stock rom?
I do understand its better to flash a custom kernel for best options?

PS:Im on stock 4.4.4 but rooted and have CWM recovery :good:

yes... its work with stock rom... but i cannot confirm this mod still support kitkat or not... ?

yes... u should use custom kernel... for battery n better deep sleep... compare to stock kernel... every custom kernel give a different feature... depend on which kernel u want use... choose wisely... ?
i prefer, Franco kernel or hellcore...

darkkid85

Jun 18, 2011
Bangalore
Thank u brother, i really appreciate the help!
Can u gimme the link to download the rite version of franco kernel?

I am very sorry, im in airport and have low connectivity~~~ hence cant go pages back

Ramu~~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KGHcSNm.png

Notice: Flashables are divided into Post #1 and Post #2. Post #1 will contain all the information, misc & flashables for 4.2.2/4.2,1 and Post #2 will contain the experimental nightlies, take note all the latest will be the most recent upload. 4.2.2 builds start from V2B4

What This Mod Does:

Nexus devices have pitifully low volume. Previous fixes like the Volume+ app and Franco's app only increased the volume on music playback, or in the headphones, but did nothing for in-call volume or notifications.

This mod changes all that. It will increase ALL volume, across the entire phone: ringtone, music, notifications, loudspeaker sound, ear speaker sound, in-call volume, and headset.

Requirements:

-Rooted.
    -Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
    -Jellybean Deodexed OR Odexed.
    -Custom kernel with high quality audio tweak enabled is recommended (e.g. Franco or Trinity or AK).
    -Nandroid Backup, I implore people to have at least one recent one as this method is faster.

Compatible With :

-Universal for all kernels and ROMs.
    -All major players, including: Google Music, Noozy, PowerAMP (see note below), Apollo, PlayerPRO.

Note on PowerAMP - To allow PowerAMP to be controlled by external DSP/EQ you must disable Direct Volume Control under Audio Tweaks in Settings.

Installation:

*Revert previously installed patch as necessary.

1. Copy zip to Internal Storage
    2. Boot to custom recovery
    3. Install zip from sdcard
    4. Reboot
    5. Choose EIZO ReWire PRO under Settings > Sound > Music Effects

Note: If you do not have the "Music Effects" submenu then EIZO should be enabled by default since it's the only DSP present.

FAQ:

What you should do:

• Configure EIZO, Select it in Music Effects.
    • Refer to the Op for EIZO settings.
    • Practice tuning your own values. EVERY user has their own listening experience. What sounds good to one and not the other doesn't become the fault of the MOD.
    • Keep backups of your Alsa Mixer if you use call recording BEFORE flashing this MOD
    • Keep backups (The revert is safe) but I am not responsible for loops if you flash this on another device.
    • Flash the MOD after every ROM flash. Not necessarily kernel flash.
    • Search if your ROM has been mentioned. KEYWORDS are a must. Example is 'PA works' and the results will be displayed. If not feel free to ask and I shall assist you.

What you shouldn't do:

• Test the loudness via Settings. There is an implemented system limiter so you can't tell the difference. Call yourself or sms yourself so you can know the difference.
    • Complain of distortion without testing your own values. I've set a recommend layout in the OP hoping it's to give you an idea.
    • Error 7, Error 7 is a halt procedure. Please debug the error and see what's written before saying Error 7 only.
    • Alternate flashing. (I know some of you prefer to flash the Gnexus mod on the N7 but doing so breaks the media codes, if you have the patience to swap the media codes in etc folder of the N7 then it's fine)
    • Don't use Noozy lockscreen controls, they're unreliable till a new app is remade.
    • Don't use compression in EIZO. Causes massive volume fluctuations as it was set to be an AVLS.
    • Please refrain from asking about PowerAMP as it denies the use of third party DSP's which make PlayerPro a better alternative.

Credits:

• Awesome.. who's done a great job, and a big thanks to bigxie too for the epic 4.1 port.
    • montrealguy for fixing up this guide for me where it wasn't as clear as it should be, Thanks buddy, much appreciated.
    • TheGingerbreadMan for testing out and giving feedbacks on each version religiously to make sure it works flawlessly.
    • Cyanogen team for their epic libs.
    • MASSIVE MASSIVE THANKS! to r-ikfoot! If not for you I wouldn't have gotten beat's working back again. And of course Alastor89 for guiding me to the right path. Kindly go over to his thread and show him some love.
    • hidato_aori partnership with Noozy + EIZO Labs
    • osm0sis for writing the noob-proof installer and revert in the newer releases to make it safer and easier for everyone, as well as
    • completely universal.
    • Bewinxed & osm0sis for organizing this post for me.
    • And of course, Massive thanks to the community for their feedback, appreciation to a massive audiophile (me) and to those involved in the project to make GNexus an amazing smartphone among the rest. Thanks to everyone who supports this project.[/I]

r0SYAgd.png

V1Beta1 Changelog

-Fixed CWM/TWRP compatibility (Now works flawlessly for both)
    -Added Bravia Engine V2
    -Removed the line that disables androidmediaeffects under framework (no more need to replace that file)
    -successfully added added libcyanogen-dsp.so and correctly loaded through audioeffects.conf, so no more FC and eq works Bass Boost
    -Added Beats black edition of DSPManager (the one provided with ACID audio) [This is in data/app so which means you can remove it if you don't like it]
    -Added libbeatscorehtc, libsrscorehtc, libsrsprocessing from Droid DNA [HTC Bass should work now]
    -Fixed Revert for both CWM/TWRP
    -Updated EIZO EQ to the latest build, this should fix the FC most people are having.
    -Cleaned and trimmed a few values
    -Added a semi louder version of libtinyalsa.so, libaudioflinger.so AOSP based.

V1Beta2 Changelog:

-AOSP/Stock based ROMS only. For now.
    -Fixed random hiccups over audio
    -Fixed low static sounds
    -Loudness increase
    -Updated version of EIZO 2.0.1.8

Although some have reported it working on Unofficial AOKP

V2Beta1 Changelog:

-Finally based on AOKP (This means it's compatible for ALL ROM's), back to universal baby!
    -Lowered memory consumption, previously there was a leak which I might have overlooked. Tried to fix it in this build.
    -Updated fix for broken resampler on 4.2
    -Updated libs/hw for loudest possible incall/notifications.
    -Updated latest EIZO 2.0.1.13 thanks to Louis & bombadier for direct download links.
    -Bluetooth a2dp fix (testing phase)
    -Updated lib/soundfx libs to latest based on official AOKP release.
    -Small hotfixes

V2Beta4 Changelog:

-Tested on Stock.PA.AOKP and they load perfectly fine.
    -Properly working Revert, glitch free this time.
    -Added proper working a2dp Bluetooth fix that comes with 4.2.2
    -Added Updated Beats back in. (Credits to Awesome)
    -Added Sony DolbyMobile (Credits to Awesome)
    -Added HTC latest updated libs
    -Fixed minor bugs with volume (If you are using PA, the volume bug occurs from the ROM, not the MOD)
    -Debugged the build.prop tweaks to make sure they get loaded properly this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

DONATIONS

If you like my work, feel free to buy me a beer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

su0KVcW.png

Note: Don't know what to put with EIZO and Noozy? Click this
    [MOD] [N4] BEATS+XLOUDER 4.3/4.4 [04/12/13] ☆ #BangonPhilippines! ☆

aWSYvop.png

NexusLouderV4B1 4.3 only

Completed
    - Porting over libs
    - Testing Xlouder libs
    - Testing HTC libs
    - Debugging & reloading of apps.

Missing :

- Since ROM's are still experimental, therefore these builds are considered experimental until proven stable.
    - Lack of kernel with audio boost

Bugs:

- Raising the volume in-app (noozy) won't increase past 10/15, you need to tab out, raise the volume and accept to bypass the safety limit
    - Bass needs retuning and so do some volume levels
    - New codecs were added in 4.3, they need to be affected aswell and added to media_codecs.xml aswell as audio_config, atm they are't tuned
    - Revert causes no audio, can be fixed by flashing your ROM again.
    - Not compatible with PowerAMP yet.

Changelog NexusLouderV4B1

-Updated Beats libs
    -Updated Soundcontrol libs
    -Updated Dolby apk & libs
    -Updated Codecs sys/etc
    -Updated Alsa files & codecs
    -Removed SoundEnchancements
    -Added Samsung volume hacks
    -Updated Volume.db, soundbooster.txt, media xml & codecs.
    -Optimized battery consumption
    -Updates core libs based on new CM10.2

TestBuild#2

-Fixes issues with DSP changes not taking effect
    -Fixes issues with static sound
    -Fixes issues with loudness fluctuation
    -AwesomeBeats, EIZO, Dolby all work now

Will keep editing this post as more updates pursue---In the meanwhile
    Well I'll pin this post in the OP but here you go. Things you shouldn't miss out on noozy and eizo.

a7ane5ug.jpg

pahe4aja.jpg

6ugupeda.jpg

rety6uba.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1354841685137.jpg

Note, these settings on EIZO work best on my ears end. Not everyone has the same ears but this should serve as a guideline on you customizing your own for your own listening experience. If you replicate these settings then complain, I will shoot you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    yYuVsfu.png

This post will be dedicated for users who would like to share their settings in hopes to create a broader aspect of what sounds best for your ears.

NexusLouder User Profiles

[*] @zorta

Reverts

For all the previous reverts, grab them from my devhost, this makes the thread more easier to navigate.

http://d-h.st/users/Misledz/?fld_id=15785#files