if you have some experience with apk manager you can do this yourself it's fairly easy. Here's a write up i did for the galaxy nexus a while ago. It should be similar for the nexus 4 just different values for the brightness.
Basically what you have to do is decompile the framework-res.apk and change the values is arrays.xml and recompile and push it back using adb.
1. Download APK manager
2. Grab framework-res.apk from your phone under \system\framework\ (you can use root explorer or adb push) and place it in the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder
3. Run Script.bat and select option 9
4. go to projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\arrays.xml and edit your values with the ones roger posted in my link above
5. Once edited, compile the apk using option 11
6. Is this a system apk. Ans: y
7. Qn: Aside from the signatures...least. Ans: y
8. Prompt: In the apk manager folder u'll find a keep folder..... done then press enter on this script. Press any key to continue . . . go to "keep" folder and delete resources.arsc and then press any key
9. Choose option 22 to set project to unsignedframework-res.apk
10. Choose option 5 to zipalign the new apk.
11. rename the unsignedframework-res.apk to framework-res.apk and push it to system/framework with these commands in adb.
Mount System in recovery
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
here are the values in arrays.xml to be changed. (the values and number of items will probably be different for the Nexus 4 but you can add or delete items if you want more or less brightness settings)
here's what i had the new values at.(The lower value of 5 might be too dim or bright for the nexus 4 so you might have to see what you prefer)
You can play around with the numbers to see what suits you. Just make sure you do a nandroid backup before attempting this mod.