Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Display control

Tip us?

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Orjon Zaganjori - December 13, 2012 - Version 1.4
Great
N4 needs some serious calibration. I am using 238,228,240 which give me identical colors to my iPad 3.

i think thats a good setting, anyone agree?
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom
The Following User Says Thank You to cobyman7035 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TL24
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035 View Post
Orjon Zaganjori - December 13, 2012 - Version 1.4
Great
N4 needs some serious calibration. I am using 238,228,240 which give me identical colors to my iPad 3.

i think thats a good setting, anyone agree?
That's also what I'm using, great settings!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Is there a way to have this setting set without using the app? I hate the fact that the color changes a few seconds after booting up to the main screen, kind of lame.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

HTC One

"real recognize real"

Ricardovet83
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Root + Nexus display control

To use this program iŽll need root acess, but to root my device, unlock the bootloader and use the Nexus 4 display control, IŽll loose de OTA Updates? Could somebody help me?

qfiero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderinacircle View Post
I went to a Best Buy today and compared my N4's screen directly to a Optimus G. I didn't actually think my screen looked yellow at all until I compared it to the Optimus G. My N4's screen looked terribly yellow, was less bright, and had worse viewing angles than both of the Optimus G's my local Best Buy had on display.

Based off the first post in this thread for the GNex, I set my Nexus 4 to settings of:

I haven't tinkered too much but this seems to make things a bit better.

Has anyone else experienced the screen turning very yellow, almost brown, when viewing from the corners of the device? I am pretty unhappy with the viewing angles on the phone, especially after comparing it to the Optimus G, which is supposed to have the same display.
rom ıcs 4.0

dagaetch
Old
Thanks Meter 93
is there any way to get rid of the "granted superuser permissions" message? It shows every time I turn on the screen, very annoying.

sjgore
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagaetch View Post
is there any way to get rid of the "granted superuser permissions" message? It shows every time I turn on the screen, very annoying.
If you're using SuperSU, click on the app's name in SuperSU and change "Notifications" to "Disabled".

Don't know whether SuperUser has this option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dagaetch
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgore View Post
If you're using SuperSU, click on the app's name in SuperSU and change "Notifications" to "Disabled".

Don't know whether SuperUser has this option.
ah, perfect. thank you!

Pheno.menon
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Is there any gain in tweaking settings on Franco's latest kernel? I had my own setup before but have since removed the app since the stock color settings are pretty good on it.

Transmission sent from my badass Nexus 4.

sn0warmy
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebacestmoi View Post
Hi,
I have tried to find the best settings with my professionnal X-Rite eye-one display 2 screen calibrator and I've ended with these settings :
I decided to download the app in the OP and went with the settings you recommended. It made a big difference for me. My screen's coloring is now MUCH better than it was before. Thank you!
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One

ugene1980
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebacestmoi View Post
Hi,
I have tried to find the best settings with my professionnal X-Rite eye-one display 2 screen calibrator and I've ended with these settings :
Awesome thread!

Thanks for your settings, am using it now!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe