Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did you like Focal?
Its Awesome!!!!! 142 87.65%
Forget about it! 24 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

[UPDATED][22/09/2013][APP][ANY ROM]Focal Camera apk

Tip us?

ilanderek
Old
(Last edited by ilanderek; 22nd September 2013 at 03:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Default [UPDATED][22/09/2013][APP][ANY ROM]Focal Camera apk

UPDATE: Focal apk landed in the play store as a beta, link to play store:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FxBSX8mx0c
The Following 98 Users Say Thank You to ilanderek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aleespa
Old
(Last edited by aleespa; 30th July 2013 at 04:22 AM.) Reason: JWR66V
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Can I install with JWR66V??? 4.3 stock??? And it will remplace the stock camera???
Xperia X10
Para siempre
The Following User Says Thank You to aleespa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ilanderek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleespa View Post
Can I install with JWR66V??? 4.3 stock??? And it will remplace the stock camera???
Im using 4.2, try it, no it wont replace it, its a separate app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilanderek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aleespa
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Works fine front camera doesn't work (android 4.3)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375155405836.jpg
Views:	10197
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	2152144  
Xperia X10
Para siempre
The Following User Says Thank You to aleespa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aleespa
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Camera :S

The facing camera works but sometimes it makes force close!
Xperia X10
Para siempre
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleespa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maverick_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Gave it a whirl on the latest 10.1.2. Got some force closes as well, and odd behavior. Sometimes when starting up Focal, the torch turns on and stays on, with just a black screen. Backing out causes a force close. It's a nice app but I think it could use some refinement, especially the menus. I'm sure they'll keep on improving it.

scottx .
Old
(Last edited by scottx .; 30th July 2013 at 06:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 767
One hell of a camera. Can't wait to see it work I perfect in an official cm mako 4.3 build.

It's good to be nexus.

Front facing works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Google Nexus 4 (16gb, mako (rev_11))
Google Nexus 7 (2013) (16gb, flo)
LG G2 (32gb, D-801)

M. Scott @ Google Play. (Zooper Skins)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scottx . For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naenee
Old
Thanks Meter 52
My first impression is that the framerate is significantly lower than with the stock camera - making for an overall sluggish experience.

Some random impressions while checking out its features:

- the Photosphere feature looks like a quick addition/afterthought, as the 'dots' you have to connect are just jagged sprites/images, instead of smooth circles - perhaps not that important functionality-wise, but it looks sloppy to me.

- The interface might work after a while of practice, but for now it forces me to hunt around for options too much - the ability to open more than one 'toggle group', seems more like a necessity (so that I can find the option I want) than a feature I'd use after I know where each toggle can be found (I compare it to finding a file on my computer, I know where each file/folder is, partly due to descriptive names and a clear structure. But if I needed to find something fast, I would not open all the folders until I found the file, I would just use a search function).

And I too have had the forced closes, black screen when opening it until I close the process, but that I can forgive of an... alpha-quality release.

I'm on stock 4.3 if that makes any difference.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naenee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CrashTestDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by naenee View Post
My first impression is that the framerate is significantly lower than with the stock camera - making for an overall sluggish experience.

Some random impressions while checking out its features:

- the Photosphere feature looks like a quick addition/afterthought, as the 'dots' you have to connect are just jagged sprites/images, instead of smooth circles - perhaps not that important functionality-wise, but it looks sloppy to me.

- The interface might work after a while of practice, but for now it forces me to hunt around for options too much - the ability to open more than one 'toggle group', seems more like a necessity (so that I can find the option I want) than a feature I'd use after I know where each toggle can be found (I compare it to finding a file on my computer, I know where each file/folder is, partly due to descriptive names and a clear structure. But if I needed to find something fast, I would not open all the folders until I found the file, I would just use a search function).

And I too have had the forced closes, black screen when opening it until I close the process, but that I can forgive of an... alpha-quality release.

I'm on stock 4.3 if that makes any difference.
It's alpha, sure, and it won't be in mainline CM for a while, but it's brilliant. This is more of a functional mockup than a daily use cam. Can't wait for the final release and next things to come in CM!
Now building: BeanStalk for OnePlus One
The Following User Says Thank You to CrashTestDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naenee
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Well, I will keep an eye on it, but I myself will hold off on calling it rubbish/brilliant (or anything in between) until a later release

The Following User Says Thank You to naenee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]