Disclaimer:
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
 * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

DEVICE DISCLAIMER:
I DON'T OWN THE DEVICE. TESTING ON THE SPECIFIC DEVICE WILL BE LIMITED TO TESTERS

Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested ON HAMMERHEAD, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can.

And lastly, this is first and foremost a ROM about Nexus 5 (hammerhead). This is my personal device, this is where I test the ROM. angler, bullhead, flo, mako, SHAMU builds are provided AS-IS. With that in mind, I have to say that the google+ community has been flashing shamu builds for a looong time and hasn't come up with anything, so I thought I'd share it here, too. :D

That said, welcome aboard! :)

Google+ Community
Krexus kernel (aosp stock)
PushBullet Channel

DOWNLOAD LINKS: AndroidFileHost
DOWNLOAD LINKS: BasketBuild
CHANGELOG

XDA:DevDB Information
Krexus, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
KreAch3R
Source Code: https://github.com/krexus

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-05-10
Last Updated 2016-08-29

danmaman

Jan 15, 2012
Hey George
glad to see you also here
and awesome thanks for the May update

PS:dirty flash was not possible....i had to do a full wipe.....dalvik/system/data and cache
i've tried dirty ,after that it was not possible to pull down the QS panel,and also i've lost the developer options.....it poped up ...."it's not available for this device"
weird but after full wipe ,all works as expected

thanks a lot

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hey George
and awesome thanks for the May update

PS:dirty flash was not possible....i had to do a full wipe.....dalvik/system/data and cache
i've tried dirty ,after that it was not possible to pull down the QS panel,and also i've lost the developer options.....it poped up ...."it's not available for this device"
weird but after full wipe ,all works as expected

thanks a lot
Fix for no QS, home, and recents after a dirty flash http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...at-refuses-to-pull-down-after-android-update/
It works.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
@KreAch3R I'm glad you left the double tap to wake feature in. To be honest, I like this feature when it is automatically included in the ROM rather than have to try and either find a custom kernel or use kernel auditor.

The double tap to wake is working very well with this build. Last build did not work as well

Reactions: KreAch3R

KreAch3R

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
335 MB without Gapps I assume

Yes, of course, it's an AOSP source built ROM.

Hey George

Yes, as you found out yourself, a clean flash was needed. Enjoy it :D

@KreAch3R I'm glad you left the double tap to wake feature in. To be honest, I like this feature when it is automatically included in the ROM rather than have to try and either find a custom kernel or use kernel auditor.

The double tap to wake is working very well with this build. Last build did not work as well

That was the reason I wanted to leave it in, too. Krexus tries to never deviate from stock, only fix/include necessary stuff. I'm glad it works well now, it seems that I was missing some commits on the device tree, but I found them after @BeansTown106 let me know about them. :)

Reactions: mikeprius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mNDoisG.png

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

DEVICE DISCLAIMER:
    I DON'T OWN THE DEVICE. TESTING ON THE SPECIFIC DEVICE WILL BE LIMITED TO TESTERS

Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested ON HAMMERHEAD, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
    This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
    This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
    This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can.

And lastly, this is first and foremost a ROM about Nexus 5 (hammerhead). This is my personal device, this is where I test the ROM. angler, bullhead, flo, mako, SHAMU builds are provided AS-IS. With that in mind, I have to say that the google+ community has been flashing shamu builds for a looong time and hasn't come up with anything, so I thought I'd share it here, too. :D

That said, welcome aboard! :)

Google+ Community
    Krexus kernel (aosp stock)
    PushBullet Channel

DOWNLOAD LINKS: AndroidFileHost
    DOWNLOAD LINKS: BasketBuild
    CHANGELOG

XDA:DevDB Information
    Krexus, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    KreAch3R
    Source Code: https://github.com/krexus

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-05-10
    Last Updated 2016-08-29
    Summer Unavailability

Just leaving this here too. See you when I get back.
    Features List

I'm linking to the Nexus 5 thread so I only have to manage one thread's updates.

Features List
    Hi,
    @KreAch3R gave me permission to make a bootloader splash screen with the Krexus logo.

Flash KREXUS_SPLASH_SHAMU.zip in TWRP and reboot. To go back to stock logo flash GOOGLE_NEXUS6 _71.21BL.zip in TWRP and reboot (this is the new Google logo extracted from the latest bootloader. If you want the old Google logo just ask).