[review] diztronic voyeur series

Search This thread

Jhvoorhies

Nov 14, 2011
Reno, NV
Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for an unbiased review.

I received a Diztronic Voyeur Series case for the Nexus 6P and after using it for approximately two weeks, I wanted to share my thoughts.

PACKAGING:
The voyeur case arrived in a brown Diztronic box. Not too much to be impressed with, but the box held the product nicely. Inside the box, Diztronic bubble wrapped their case for extra protection during shipping. Once I opened the box and unwrapped the bubble wrap, there were a total of 3 protective films over my case. One film coated the clear plastic on the inside and was a bit of a hassle to get off. At first, I thought there was just one film on the outside which removed very easily. I used the case for a week, but I received several scratches all over the back of the clear backing. I reached out to support and they immediately responded to my photos of the scratches with a simple solution: I still had another clear film on the outside of the clear backing. I felt like a complete idiot, and once I removed this THIRD protective film, all scratches disappeared. The case felt better after all protective films were removed. In all, packaging was great, but could have been better with instructions since there were so many protective films on the case that others like myself may not expect.

FIT:
My 6P slid right inside the case. The case fits perfectly. Not too tight and not loose at all. The case feels solid on the phone and great in hand. All cut outs are awesome. The headphone and USB-C cutouts are both square, and I have not had an issue with either. The volume buttons are covered together and marked with a plus and minus sign. The power button is also covered but has the standard power symbol on the button. I have had ZERO issues with the buttons. The buttons are great and clicky and after using other brands of cases, I prefer this Diztronic design. Down from the side buttons, there is a Diztronic brand imprint. It is not overly visible nor does it interfere with the nice design of the case. The front of the case does have a lip which is a necessity for me. On the back, the camera cutout is open for the lens, flash, autofocus, etc. Nothing crazy in terms of design here, just the usual oval cutout design. The fingerprint scanner cutout is perfect in my opinion and not too large like other companies. In my experience using the case, I did not have an issue finding the fingerprint cutout. The clear back is not as slippery as the phone naked and the case remains ultra slim. On the bottom of the back of the case, there are little legs which really makes this case stand out. These little legs on the back of the case help to keep your phone level when laying on its back. I am sure this also helps prevent scratching, but after using this case now, I still have no scratches or marks whatsoever which is amazing for a clear backed case. I have used other brands where the clear became foggy/scratched/or had other imperfections, but this is not the case with the new Voyeur series.

PROS:
- INCREDIBLE design for the price
- Completely scratch-free after using case for 2 weeks
- tiny legs on back of case keep phone flat
- extra slim case that offers great protection
- clicky and tactile button covers
- all cutouts aligned correctly
- BEAUTIFUL product!

CONS:
- You might have several protective films over the clear plastic back. If you have any scratches or marks, reach out to Diztronic support and they can help you!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
So should you spend your hard earned $11.95 on this case? ABSOLUTELY. On a scale of 1-10, I award this case with a SOLID 10. After I used a RhinoShield bumper for 2 weeks, and then a Poetic Affinity case for a month, this case is everything! The plastic will not scratch, and I feel like my phone is protected. I do not have to worry about any marks to my device and while protecting the device, I can show off my favorite 6P color: gold! If you prefer slim but protective cases, please give the Diztronic Voyeur Series a try. They have amazing customer support and their products focus on consumer feedback. :good:

http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Nexus-Diztronic-Voyeur-Crystal/dp/B0198W4B3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460909475&sr=8-1&keywords=diztronic+voyeur+series+nexus+6p

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,152

Jhvoorhies

Nov 14, 2011
Reno, NV
It is a great case. I have it too. But the only issue is the device has play inside the case. Look at the fingerprint sensor and the hole cut out for the fingerprint sensor. It is always off,....never center like the spigen or the other distronic case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

My 6P does not have any play inside of the case at all. It fits like a glove. On the Poetic Affinity, my phone constantly shifted inside the case... I am not sure if you just got a lemon or if I got lucky lol. As far as the fingerprint cutout, its exactly centered as it should be. I just received Diztronic's latest revision though last month so I am not sure if that has anything to do with the fingerprint sensor cutout being more precise. I seriously cannot find anything off with my case.

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
I have both versions of the Affinity case and neither had any give inside. I do agree w/ joooe that this case's design isn't my cup of tea but I do love Diztronic cases. Used them for other devices. I've always loved the material Diztronic uses on their TPU cases. One thing I do not like about this case is the "legs" on the bottom. I've never liked those things on any smart device case. I guess you can consider that the Affinity cases have "legs" on them as well but the design makes it less obtrusive and part of the overall design instead of just jutting out on the corners.

Jhvoorhies

Nov 14, 2011
Reno, NV
I have both versions of the Affinity case and neither had any give inside. I do agree w/ joooe that this case's design isn't my cup of tea but I do love Diztronic cases. Used them for other devices. I've always loved the material Diztronic uses on their TPU cases. One thing I do not like about this case is the "legs" on the bottom. I've never liked those things on any smart device case. I guess you can consider that the Affinity cases have "legs" on them as well but the design makes it less obtrusive and part of the overall design instead of just jutting out on the corners.

oohh the legs are one of my favorite features of this Diztronic case. I think the design of this case is minimal and I really like the overall design. The tpu material feels great in hand.

On the subject of the Poetic case, I was completely disappointed. I even reached out to their support and they refused to even acknowledge that my case was no good. The case did not fit my 6P snug at all. I had probably 1-2 mm of extra space inside the case from the top of my 6p to the inside of the Affinity case. I could literally rock my phone back and forth inside the case. It was ridiculous. That was the last straw for me with Poetic. The first issue I had with the Affinity was that they mailed me the old design with all the logos all over it. I had to ask them to send me the revised model without the logos. Of course they did that, but would not replace the faulty case that now sits in my closet since I received this Voyeur case.

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, I had the original design and when I learned of the new one, just emailed them and they sent me new one for free. I was very happy with the revised version and currently using it now. All of us just get lemons sometimes.

puertorecon

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My 6P does not have any play inside of the case at all. It fits like a glove. On the Poetic Affinity, my phone constantly shifted inside the case... I am not sure if you just got a lemon or if I got lucky lol. As far as the fingerprint cutout, its exactly centered as it should be. I just received Diztronic's latest revision though last month so I am not sure if that has anything to do with the fingerprint sensor cutout being more precise. I seriously cannot find anything off with my case.
I am not try to start anything. But look at the fingerprint sensor and cut out in your first pic. The look at you second pic. It has moved to another position. It does move inside the case. I have this case. 1461278616632.jpg

Attachments

• 1461278616632.jpg
    1461278616632.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 232

TruTechGeek

Jan 24, 2009
Los Angeles
My fingerprint cutout looks off in this pic, but I can assure anyone wondering... It's perfectly centered.
592528b68d8946610ed40d00570aa5ab.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
i don't know why, but my back came scratched out of the box. I haven't scratched it myself, but the scratch it came with has bugged me a bit since i got it. aside from that, i didn't like the plastic back at first as it feels slippery if your hands ever sweat. but i got used to it, and i love this case. and i own a lot of cases LOL.

rhinoshield
verus
all google cases
and many more amazon cases, until i got this one. the diztronic case was my last, and favorite case of all.

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
Someone mentioned that there's multiple protectors on the clear area so see if you need to peel those layers off

Top Liked Posts