Random Reboots anyone?

Search This thread

boxcar8028

Mar 15, 2011
Seattle, WA
Are you running stock software? Do you have the Amazon app installed?

In the past 2 days I have had 3 random reboots all by itself. I just hope this doesn't happen when I'm asleep because the alarm clock would not go off due to needed pattern password to fully reboot. My 6P is all stock with bootloader unlocked and not rooted yet and yes I have the Yahoo mail app installed, is this the reason for the reboots?
edit: I'm on M6.0 MDB08K

Last edited:

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Are running the latest version of Android? Which build are you on? Amazon app was causing random reboots and shut downs on my Nexus 6, that is why I asked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: boxcar8028

boxcar8028

Mar 15, 2011
Seattle, WA
Are running the latest version of Android? Which build are you on? Amazon app was causing random reboots and shut downs on my Nexus 6, that is why I asked.

My 6P is on M6.0 MDB08K. I was thinking of updating this weekend straight to MDB08M or do I need to update to MDB08L first?

Last edited:

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
You should be able to upgrade to M just fine...try that and see if that gets rid of the issues...I hope it does

Reactions: boxcar8028

tvdang7

Dec 24, 2010
My friend is having the same problem while using Bluetooth playing music in his car.

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
If you are on the latest update and still getting random boots it won't stop... I've had 4 6ps and one of them continued to random reboot 100% stock phone

dafababa

Mar 28, 2015
Mine is getting worse 3 times already today when using Firefox. It happened a few times last week but I can't remember what app I was in now. I'm going to delete Firefox now and see if it replicates in Chrome. This is getting real annoying as my nexus 5 did this towards the end all the time. Power button failed

humpty123

Oct 11, 2010
Since I've had my N6P its randomly reboot 3-4 times. Fully stock and its usually when I'm on Chrome or not doing anything still on MDA89D there isn't an update available yet.

Update
After I posted earlier today my phone locked up and rebooted.... Why is this happening.

Last edited:

ungraph

Dec 30, 2011
I've had it reboot twice in 3 days. It happens randomly, once while browsing Chrome and the second while on Relay for Reddit.

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
I sold my Nexus 6 for this problem and now I'd like to buy a 6p but now I don't know if It's still a good idea :(

aygul12345

Jan 14, 2011
In the past 2 days I have had 3 random reboots all by itself. I just hope this doesn't happen when I'm asleep because the alarm clock would not go off due to needed pattern password to fully reboot. My 6P is all stock with bootloader unlocked and not rooted yet and yes I have the Yahoo mail app installed, is this the reason for the reboots?
edit: I'm on M6.0 MDB08K

Send RMA

humpty123

Oct 11, 2010
I emailed Huawei about the random reboots, I got fed up today and I did a factory reset. And guess what.... When my aps were installing again, it freaking froze and rebooted again....

yangqi

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
I noticed the same issue in the past two days. One was during streaming music in the car, the phone suddenly went into indefinite rebooting mode, would reboot into system no problem and soon reboot again.

Second was two hours ago, didn't notice until after the reboot, all the notification were gone, had to check the uptime to determine it just rebooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was, the latest beta. I uninstalled Xposed but kept Greenify and it's been fine. Hopefully an update to Greenify will fix it.

It looks like the reboots are caused by the GCM feature of the Xposed module. Greenify on its own won't cause them, so you can re-install Xposed and keep the Greenify module disabled.
    Twice during navigation on 2 different days. Once inside my pocket. Once playing music.

Are you running stock software? Do you have the Amazon app installed?

You should be able to upgrade to M just fine...try that and see if that gets rid of the issues...I hope it does

I have never checked the "Up Time" so after a few days that could be a factor. It's happening at least once a day now. It could be due to some apps not being completely compatible with marshmallow. Idk lol. Still very happy overall.

Ok, every day is definitely a problem lol I couldn't stand random reboots that often

Edit: Are you using any app to lock your screen? This may also give you a prompt for pin, depending on the app. Either way, you definitely want to isolate what is the source of your random reboots.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk