(Review) iSmooth Google Nexus 7 2013 Ultra Premium HD

Search This thread

nchopp

Feb 15, 2011
Wherever the Army sends me
Description: The iSmooth Google Nexus 7 FHD 2013 Ultra Premium HD screen protector is a glossy screen protector for the new Nexus 7. It has a cutout for the camera. I wanted a screen protector before I took my brand new Nexus 7 HD out to the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, CA for a month. This field environment can be tough on electronics - lots of sand, moondust (think sand, but the consistency of baby powder), and getting tossed in a pack with random sharp objects (keys, Leatherman, knives, weapon magazines, etc.).

Included:
  • Three screen protectors
  • Microfiber cloth
  • Four dust removal stickers

Pros:
  • Great fit - pretty much as close as you can get and still be able to install easily.
  • Durable - held up without a scratch after being tossed into an assault pack with lots of sharp stuff for a month.
  • Good value - three screen protectors for $13 is great.
  • Dust removal stickers are money - they work great.
  • Installation - both the printed instructions and the YouTube videos make installation a snap.
  • Lifetime warranty.

Cons:
  • Installation - would prefer if it were setup to install from the top. Since the only cutout is for the camera, it would be easier to align from the top instead of the bottom.
  • Microfiber cloth - it isn't the greatest. It ended up getting quite a bit of dust on the tablet, and I switched to one of my $1.49 microfiber cloths from Wal-Mart.
  • Feel - a little bit grippier than the screen by itself, fingers don't slide QUITE as easily. Not a dealbreaker by any means, I'm just pretty picky.

Summary: Great deal, will definitely look at future products from iSmooth. 4 stars out of 5.

Amazon: iSmooth Google Nexus 7 2013 Ultra Premium HD

iSmooth Screen Protector 1

iSmooth Screen Protector 2

iSmooth Screen Protector 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description: The iSmooth Google Nexus 7 FHD 2013 Ultra Premium HD screen protector is a glossy screen protector for the new Nexus 7. It has a cutout for the camera. I wanted a screen protector before I took my brand new Nexus 7 HD out to the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, CA for a month. This field environment can be tough on electronics - lots of sand, moondust (think sand, but the consistency of baby powder), and getting tossed in a pack with random sharp objects (keys, Leatherman, knives, weapon magazines, etc.).

Included:
    • Three screen protectors
    • Microfiber cloth
    • Four dust removal stickers

Pros:
    • Great fit - pretty much as close as you can get and still be able to install easily.
    • Durable - held up without a scratch after being tossed into an assault pack with lots of sharp stuff for a month.
    • Good value - three screen protectors for $13 is great.
    • Dust removal stickers are money - they work great.
    • Installation - both the printed instructions and the YouTube videos make installation a snap.
    • Lifetime warranty.

Cons:
    • Installation - would prefer if it were setup to install from the top. Since the only cutout is for the camera, it would be easier to align from the top instead of the bottom.
    • Microfiber cloth - it isn't the greatest. It ended up getting quite a bit of dust on the tablet, and I switched to one of my $1.49 microfiber cloths from Wal-Mart.
    • Feel - a little bit grippier than the screen by itself, fingers don't slide QUITE as easily. Not a dealbreaker by any means, I'm just pretty picky.

Summary: Great deal, will definitely look at future products from iSmooth. 4 stars out of 5.

Amazon: iSmooth Google Nexus 7 2013 Ultra Premium HD

iSmooth Screen Protector 1

iSmooth Screen Protector 2

iSmooth Screen Protector 3