Android Open Source illusion Project [AOSiP] [UNOFFICIAL] [OMS] [DUI] [ROM] [7.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
S

simplyme2908

V1.02
Permissions fixed
Added more features in owl's nest
Better substratum support

Any bugs reported without a clean flash will be disregarded.
Happy flashing :) As always links in OP

thereal_bigjake

Sep 17, 2012
Centralia
That's strange, because the package installer crash was a source related issue hmm
The Open gapps replaces the package manager with the Google package manager and Banks does not. So I'm guessing the source issue had to do with support for the Google package manager

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

I READ THAT BANKS G APPS IS FOR 5.1 ONLY THEN HOW DID U FLASH IT WITH 7.0?
ANY PROBLEMS U FACED TILL NOW? Bro?
You read wrong, they are right here https://download.dirtyunicorns.com/gapps/Banks/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

robin 33111

Jul 7, 2014
Thanks a lot but one prob

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Googles AOSP marshmallow source. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Paul Clark
Akhil Narang
Alex Couderc
Sean Grondin

Credit/Thanks: @DevSwift1 for his work on nougat trees.
GOOGLE
Euphoria-os
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
Screwd
Omni
Cyanogenmod
SlimRoms
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Mazda

Support/Community:

Full support is always on the top of the list. visit our AOSiP Google plus community for all your ROM needs. There we have all the latest links to gapps , layers , and other helpful communities. Or just stop and engage in off topic fun.

Bug reporting:

This is a big one. We work very hard for you guys so please help us out and follow these steps to report your bug. Ive even provided links for you to help out.
Very first step will be to attempt a new DL and clean flash.
Pull a logcat and copy / paste it to hastebin .
Visit AOSiP and post your issue with your log in the bug reporting section.
Any bug reported without following procedure will be disregarded.

Source code:

As the name states we are open source and encourage anyone to skim through the code. However the builds we release are not to be taken apart and parted out.

https://github.com/AOSIP

DOWNLOADS

Build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwiZcEcv1AOwc1h5VVd4TDN6SUE/view?usp=sharing
Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7vk1h471rxjn1h/AOSIP_FLO_09262016_UNOFFICIAL.zip?dl=0
Flash this zip for cam to work : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o7pzuqlgdh0m4k/launcher&cam.zip?dl=0
Gapps: opengapps.org

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSiP, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
simplyme2908
Source Code: http://github.com/aosp-msm8960

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: V1.0
Beta Release Date: 2016-09-19

Created 2016-09-19
Last Updated 2016-09-21

all is working except the SETTING MENU keeps CRASHING

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

all is working except the SETTING MENU keeps CRASHING

FOUND A SOLUTION, This happened as i Was using Nova launcher and the nova setting and Normal settings clashed i guess.
So For a min i started using stock launcher and the settings menu started working....Clear data and again started Nova...Now Normal settings work

P.S I couldnt Clear data while nova was the primary launcher, the setting info app would crash

New Problem: Once in an hour or so wifi connection drops.

Last edited:

dabug123

Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2014
brunswick
Unless josh approved this ,I know I didnt (Paul Clark) would have been respectful to the team to ask since we have not released anything

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I would appreciate if the member who posted this contact me or josh ASAP

xlxfoxxlx

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2010
NY
That's strange, because the package installer crash was a source related issue hmm

actually package installer is a open gapps issue and i would know because i am the lead dev for this rom which you were never given permission to post this as we havent even released the rom yet. real nice of you and my guess is good ol xda mods wont do a thing about this....

what are you tryign to get yourself some donations by releasing other peoples roms before they even release em officially? i see you did the same thing to beans and pure nexus. real cool dude maybe if you would of came to me you could have been official maintainer but deff not doing this...

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

How about some actual helpful advice rather than being a smart ass?

that smart ass is part of this rom along with me and yes some settings are blank because this was not supposed to be released.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Thanks for your work. Great ROM. I did a review on it as well if anyone is interested

thanks for the review but this person decided to release an unfinished rom so when we officially release if ya wanna do a review id be glad

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
actually package installer is a open gapps issue and i would know because i am the lead dev for this rom which you were never given permission to post this as we havent even released the rom yet. real nice of you and my guess is good ol xda mods wont do a thing about this....

what are you tryign to get yourself some donations by releasing other peoples roms before they even release em officially? i see you did the same thing to beans and pure nexus. real cool dude maybe if you would of came to me you could have been official maintainer but deff not doing this...

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

that smart ass is part of this rom along with me and yes some settings are blank because this was not supposed to be released.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

thanks for the review but this person decided to release an unfinished rom so when we officially release if ya wanna do a review id be glad
I'd love to. I can't speak for the guy who posted this thread but I think it's just a big misunderstanding. When a project is open source most people assume it can be used. For example AOSP is purposefully open source so that anyone can build their own ROM. And with the title of your ROM having "Open Source" in the title, it is assumed it can be used freely. Just something to think about before going "all out" on the guy who posted the ROM

S

simplyme2908

Sir,
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. I don't do it for the money or appreciation. In fact, I don't even have a donate link. I do for the fun of it. I apologize for releasing your ROM without your permission. I am still new to this, so it would be nice if my noobish mistakes were ignored. If you wish, I’ll close this thread and update once the ROM is complete. Once again I apologize for my mistake, and it would be good if you could turn down on that hate a tad bit.

dabug123

Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2014
brunswick
Sir,
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. I don't do it for the money or appreciation. In fact, I don't even have a donate link. I do for the fun of it. I apologize for releasing your ROM without your permission. I am still new to this, so it would be nice if my noobish mistakes were ignored. If you wish, I’ll close this thread and update once the ROM is complete. Once again I apologize for my mistake, and it would be good if you could turn down on that hate a tad bit.
Ya u released the ROM before the team who worked hours on hours to bring it did..So thanks for the apology and do the right thing and close thread till its done and then u can release an unofficial or hell official but not till the people who actually did work to bring AOSiP n to life..

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

How about some actual helpful advice rather than being a smart ass?
Not being a smartass what I see is a user who would rather find a fix that read he is using work not released and wait on the real ROM to drop see we have all this already done but since people release early it will be kept hidden

NOSTALGIA

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 11, 2012
Cebu
Sir,

Fix your misunderstanding with @xlxfoxxlx..
Since this release doesnt have any permission , i'll shut down the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sir,

Fix your misunderstanding with @xlxfoxxlx..
    Since this release doesnt have any permission , i'll shut down the thread.
    Thanks for your work. Great ROM. I did a review on it as well if anyone is interested
    Hi simplyme2908

Awesome work.

Please make this available for deb too. Since you dont have a deb I am ready to test your build for deb in my device.

Thank you in advance.