FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][AOSP/CM][15/05/15] Quanta - V3

15th May 2015, 04:38 AM |#141  
Flag Congleton, Cheshire.
Thanks Meter: 183

More
No update is overdue...just welcome...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHABBYLEA For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th May 2015, 05:18 PM |#142  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 3,669

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABBYLEA

No update is overdue...just welcome...

True. Though after seeing that there was a lot of updates for mako, it's kind of unfair to not update flo as often lool XD.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2015, 07:26 PM |#143  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Speaking of updates not arriving often, it looked like I was a bit too fast yesterday... XD

V3:

- Merged 5.1.1 kernel sources.

Enjoy!
Last edited by zaclimon; 15th May 2015 at 10:40 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2015, 09:21 PM |#144  
Flag Congleton, Cheshire.
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

True. Though after seeing that there was a lot of updates for mako, it's kind of unfair to not update flo as often lool XD.

Yeah...it's a bit of a bummer...😕

Will be giving v3 a run out tonight... I'll let you know how it goes...
The Following User Says Thank You to SHABBYLEA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2015, 07:16 AM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:

Speaking of updates not arriving often, it looked like I was a bit too fast yesterday... XD

V3:

- Merged 5.1.1 kernel sources.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah! Nice work as always!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbrantley130 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 03:53 PM |#146  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 147

More
An update from my last post, updating from V1 to V3 definitely improved performance A LOT. Might have been something wrong with V1 or franco's r21
20th May 2015, 04:19 PM |#147  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persechini

An update from my last post, updating from V1 to V3 definitely improved performance A LOT. Might have been something wrong with V1 or franco's r21

Hmm, it might be related to either the toolchain updated to 5.1 or maybe the optimizations I've added into V2.

What rom are you using? You may have some issues because you used a rom that was based on CM.
Last edited by zaclimon; 20th May 2015 at 04:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 04:51 PM |#148  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:

Hmm, it might be related to either the toolchain updated to 5.1 or maybe the optimizations I've added into V2.

What rom are you using? You may have some issues because you used a rom that was based on CM.

I used to be on CM12+SM franco, but I migrated back to stock google factory image since 5.1 was released. Wiped and reflashed all partitions including boot and recovery to make sure I had a fresh start. After that I started having the graphic and touch problems, with stock kernel and quanta v1. One thing I hadn't flashed was the touch driver fix I mentioned earlier, which I used on kitkat, because the nature of the problems seemed different.

Now that quanta v3 made my touch screen behave identically like it did on kitkat without the fix (i.e. fixed the graphic glitches I was having) and have been like this consistently for the last few days, I decided to flash the fix to see if I achieved the desired result, which as far as I can tell from a few minutes of using it, it has.
Last edited by Persechini; 20th May 2015 at 04:54 PM.
20th May 2015, 11:28 PM |#149  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persechini

I used to be on CM12+SM franco, but I migrated back to stock google factory image since 5.1 was released. Wiped and reflashed all partitions including boot and recovery to make sure I had a fresh start. After that I started having the graphic and touch problems, with stock kernel and quanta v1. One thing I hadn't flashed was the touch driver fix I mentioned earlier, which I used on kitkat, because the nature of the problems seemed different.

Now that quanta v3 made my touch screen behave identically like it did on kitkat without the fix (i.e. fixed the graphic glitches I was having) and have been like this consistently for the last few days, I decided to flash the fix to see if I achieved the desired result, which as far as I can tell from a few minutes of using it, it has.

Actually from v2 I literally disabled the stock mpdecision which was causing issues with my mako users. I'm pretty sure that perhaps mpdecision was doing something to your device which is why you had those weird glitches.

Anyways, nice to see that your tablet is up again.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread