FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

[KERNEL][AOSP/CM][15/05/15] Quanta - V3

3,791 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,973

By zaclimon, Recognized Contributor on 9th July 2014, 02:42 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th June 2015, 05:36 AM |#161  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akipapa

Yes, that's true. But I got the speed back after updating to 344 without formatting.
I'm hesitating to do a formatting and clean install, maybe I should.
Thanks.

Hmm in such a case, I'll remake the f2fs tree. It may be possible that some commits are inteferring causing some problems. Either this or the mount flags that aren't correct for our devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th June 2015, 05:42 AM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

Hmm in such a case, I'll remake the f2fs tree. It may be possible that some commits are inteferring causing some problems. Either this or the mount flags that aren't correct for our devices.

Thanks, that sounds good! but how?
B.T.W. the reason that I hate formatting is twrp /Data (f2fs) backup doesn't work for me, after recovery, the OS just refuses boot, boot animation screen forever.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...af2fs-t3079055
---------------------------------
Update:
I tried to "repair" /data in twrp and the boot time seemed to be shorter, i'm not so sure.
And then, finally, I performed "format data" in twrp which turned /data back to ext4, then I changed /data to f2fs manually.
After that, I restored /data from a backup ---> flashed CM12.1 ---> flashed open GApps --> flashed Quanta V3,
but with no luck, the google screen still takes about 30s, I kind of forgot how long should it take......
But, this time the /data restore seems to work, maybe the new TWRP 2.8.7 did the magic.
Maybe I should not be too sensitive to the boot time.
Last edited by akipapa; 28th June 2015 at 07:59 AM.
28th June 2015, 01:17 PM |#163  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akipapa

Thanks, that sounds good! but how?
B.T.W. the reason that I hate formatting is twrp /Data (f2fs) backup doesn't work for me, after recovery, the OS just refuses boot, boot animation screen forever.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...af2fs-t3079055
---------------------------------
Update:
I tried to "repair" /data in twrp and the boot time seemed to be shorter, i'm not so sure.
And then, finally, I performed "format data" in twrp which turned /data back to ext4, then I changed /data to f2fs manually.
After that, I restored /data from a backup ---> flashed CM12.1 ---> flashed open GApps --> flashed Quanta V3,
but with no luck, the google screen still takes about 30s, I kind of forgot how long should it take......
But, this time the /data restore seems to work, maybe the new TWRP 2.8.7 did the magic.
Maybe I should not be too sensitive to the boot time.

I'll probably rebase the f2fs free from the UBER kernel for the nexus 5 which seems fine at first glance. Your issue could be rom related as well. I always see issues that are coming with people using CM. Have you tried another rom to see if there was any differences?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 WiFi en utilisant Tapatalk
28th June 2015, 02:28 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I'll probably rebase the f2fs free from the UBER kernel for the nexus 5 which seems fine at first glance. Your issue could be rom related as well. I always see issues that are coming with people using CM. Have you tried another rom to see if there was any differences?

No, I haven't tried other roms.
I keep encountering freeze / reboot issue with glitch + cm 12.1, and quanta acts the same.
Maybe it's time to try other roms.
Thanks for your advice.
3rd July 2015, 01:39 AM |#165  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 109

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I observe long boots with f2fs and nexus 4 + CM, too. Probably the same "issue" (not a big deal for me ) Google logo is visible for about 1 min.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
3rd July 2015, 01:45 AM |#166  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObihoernchenDE

I observe long boots with f2fs and nexus 4 + CM, too. Probably the same "issue" (not a big deal for me ) Google logo is visible for about 1 min.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That's 2 for CM. XD I'm using Chroma and I don't know those issues lool. XD. Though, As I said earlier, I'll rebase my f2fs tree to be instead from UBER for the N5.
4th July 2015, 11:23 PM |#167  
Flag Eagan
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I'm about 36 hrs into a fresh install of cm nightly and quanta with no issues. I'll keep you updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread