31st August 2015, 12:27 AM |#191  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 4,292

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw86

Yeah, tried a couple of the widgets for a few days, DT2W and magnetic lid switch. I never had any problem with them not working during that time, and only stopped using them because it was so easy to set my ideal settings in quanta tweaks that I didn't really need to toggle anything.

Alright that's good to see. Just wondering, is there any features that you would like to see in QT? I already planned QT to be a full kernel manager but I'm still searching for ways making it *unique*.

31st August 2015, 01:57 AM |#192  
Flag Congleton, Cheshire.
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Personally, I'd like to see a lower min CPU frequency...I know it's hardly a unique feature, but it's a start...😊
31st August 2015, 05:56 AM |#193  
Flag Harrisburg, SD
Thanks Meter: 845

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

Alright that's good to see. Just wondering, is there any features that you would like to see in QT? I already planned QT to be a full kernel manager but I'm still searching for ways making it *unique*.

Actually, yeah. Wouldn't be an original feature really, but information about CPU speed, GPU rate, temperature, etc. Would be nice. A widget to display information about current CPU, GPU, and temperature values, with a variable refresh rate, would be nice too.
Last edited by quickdraw86; 31st August 2015 at 05:58 AM.
31st August 2015, 11:09 AM |#194  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABBYLEA

Personally, I'd like to see a lower min CPU frequency...I know it's hardly a unique feature, but it's a start...😊

I've included 192 mhz as a min frequency before. Though because it hasn't shown really much a difference, I decided to removed it. That said, I could put it back later XD.
Quote:

Actually, yeah. Wouldn't be an original feature really, but information about CPU speed, GPU rate, temperature, etc. Would be nice. A widget to display information about current CPU, GPU, and temperature values, with a variable refresh rate, would be nice too.

Yeah that's what I thought I would do. Changing cpu, GPU speeds, color stuff, etc. As for the widgets, I could implement something like show the current max frequency instead of showing the real running frequency. I have a feeling that it will destroy the battery die due to the number of updates it has to make every time the frequency changes. :/

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2015, 11:23 AM |#195  
Flag Harrisburg, SD
Thanks Meter: 845

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

I've included 192 mhz as a min frequency before. Though because it hasn't shown really much a difference, I decided to removed it. That said, I could put it back later XD.

Yeah that's what I thought I would do. Changing cpu, GPU speeds, color stuff, etc. As for the widgets, I could implement something like show the current max frequency instead of showing the real running frequency. I have a feeling that it will destroy the battery die due to the number of updates it has to make every time the frequency changes. :/

That's what I meant by variable update frequency. It doesn't necessarily have to poll in real time, polling in real time would be like including seconds in the clock in ROMs, it is a battery destroyer, I agree. I just meant current Max settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to quickdraw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2015, 11:28 AM |#196  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's what I meant by variable update frequency. It doesn't necessarily have to poll in real time, polling in real time would be like including seconds in the clock in ROMs, it is a battery destroyer, I agree. I just meant current Max settings.

Alright looks better in that case. Thanks for the explanation! I suppose that tapping the widget would like of open the frequency selector or the current window where you see the frequency card.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread