[ROM][Flo][1/15/15] - Factory Stock Rooted ROM - LRX22G - Android 5.0.2! Lollipop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer

Netconn

Mar 25, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm having trouble installing this. I'm now on 4.4.4, I flashed the new bootloader, I have TWRP v2.8.2.2, I did a full wipe. When I try to flash I get and error. E:ZIp signature verification failed: 1 Now what? This a Nexus v2.
With verification off I get E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/stock-Root-5.0.2-LRX22G.zip'

Last edited:

jmsaye

Apr 18, 2014
I'm having trouble installing this. I'm now on 4.4.4, I flashed the new bootloader, I have TWRP v2.8.2.2, I did a full wipe. When I try to flash I get and error. E:ZIp signature verification failed: 1 Now what? This a Nexus v2.
With verification off I get E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/stock-Root-5.0.2-LRX22G.zip'

It *might* be an issue with TWRP-- it's up to 2.8.5 now and iirc one of the earlier versions (possibly yours?) had issues flashing things. So maybe try updating TWRP and trying again? If nothing else, it can't make the situation worse and somebody else may come along and be able to offer a different solution

Netconn

Mar 25, 2011
Los Angeles
It *might* be an issue with TWRP-- it's up to 2.8.5 now and iirc one of the earlier versions (possibly yours?) had issues flashing things. So maybe try updating TWRP and trying again? If nothing else, it can't make the situation worse and somebody else may come along and be able to offer a different solution

That did it.. Got the ROM loaded.. Thanks

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
It seems that the battle is over, which guy will be the first to present a flashable, stock based Firmware :D I guess this device has become "too old" and the Nexus 7 ( 2013 ) forums are not that crowded anymore :p

Download the Factory Image, unpack it up to the point where you can see eg. boot.img, system.img

Flash the bootloader first through fastboot, continue with the boot.img , system.img after.

Make sure to have the latest TWRP recovery.img for your device too since some people lost their custom recovery by flashing system.img... for whatever reasons.

Last but not least, restart the device in the TWRP recovery, flash supersu and finally restart the device :D

This method requires some initiative but the results are the same : you have "dirty flashed" Android 5.0.2 ( Stock ) --> Android 5.1 ( Stock ) without any trouble ;)

Olivier V

Jan 25, 2013
It seems that the battle is over, which guy will be the first to present a flashable, stock based Firmware :D I guess this device has become "too old" and the Nexus 7 ( 2013 ) forums are not that crowded anymore :p

Download the Factory Image, unpack it up to the point where you can see eg. boot.img, system.img

Flash the bootloader first through fastboot, continue with the boot.img , system.img after.

Make sure to have the latest TWRP recovery.img for your device too since some people lost their custom recovery by flashing system.img... for whatever reasons.

Last but not least, restart the device in the TWRP recovery, flash supersu and finally restart the device :D

This method requires some initiative but the results are the same : you have "dirty flashed" Android 5.0.2 ( Stock ) --> Android 5.1 ( Stock ) without any trouble ;)

I can flash everything in fastboot except for.. yeah, you guessed it, the system.img file! I know my nexus has a temperamental USB connection so that could be the problem. Luckely I had the previous stock rooted ROM still on the device so I flashed it in recovery. Everything is back in working order but still on 5.0.2.. Oh well, nothing lost and nothing gained until a flashable stock rooted ROM will be posted.

L.F.B.

Feb 29, 2012
Anyone tried FlashFire from chainfire?

Its seems very easy to flash factory images and OTA updates..

Automatic inject supersu, make wipes and voilá!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-16-12-20-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-16-12-20-00.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
This looks like a pretty convenient App ;) But I didn´t try it, I´m used to flashing "flashable packages" ( if these exist ), else I have to fiddle around with ADB and FASTBOOT ( or create my own flashable stuff but since there is no demand for it, it´s not worth the trouble of publishing another ROM for Nexus devices while others would stick to CM % co :p )

yonster

Nov 15, 2014
Personally decided to do a nice fresh clean install of this one in the end. First one since I got it.
Hopefully it will give it a new lease of life - 5.0.2 was a dawg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AS the name implies this is a stock rooted Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM!

Features
    • 100% Stock
    • Rooted / Powered by SuperSU by @Chainfire!
    • Busybox
    • No other edits
    • FSTRIM on install

Notes:
    1. Should update bootloader. Flash this bootloader update by @GROGG88 here: Flo Bootloader 4.04
    2. First boot is a loooooooooooong time! About 5 to 7 minutes!
    3. You must be on TWRP 2.8.1.0+ for this ROM to Flash properly!

Troubleshooting
    • If you get no status bar reboot to recovery and clear all cache. If that doesnt work try flashing the factory image then flash TWRP again and then this ROM.
    • Getting Symlinks failed during install? Make sure /system is unchecked in TWRP mounts
    • Problems with internal storage? Look at THIS POST for fix by @freakzapster

5.0.2.png

Please hit Thanks and rate the thread 5 stars.
    It costs you nothing to do it and will make you feel good inside!
    It will also keep me motivated to share work!

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

Sharing Policy

• You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credit!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS.
    • However, this ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!
    • Remember to give proper credit!

Hit Thanks! ;)
    What a wonderful day!
    ROMS Up!

I think this was my fastest reaction time from thread notification to ROM posted!
    ROM is uploading... 5 minutes left....