Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BUG in update 4.4.3 for Nexus 7 2013 LTE!

Tip us?

ableeker
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Nexus 7 2013 LTE 4.4.3, no problem using WiFi or data. Baseband version: DEB-G00_2.42.0_1204. However, I'm not using Vodafone, my provider is Xs4all, which in essence is KPN. Looks to me like a Vodafone issue.

Nicz0
Old
(Last edited by Nicz0; 11th July 2014 at 01:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
ok so i have a rooted n7 lte on pa here is my screen shot

anyone know how i can change the baseband version to one that works. i just rooted because i got effected by this bug and i was also tired of the google limitations. now im free ..... but i stll have no cell data coverage.

also can i revert to 4.4.2 with the version of pa im running ( that would be going back twice as im on 4.4.4 ) without having to back date my whole tablet..

this is a real bummer because it seems to me that someone has hit the wrong key ( the only differnce i notice on the other screen shot was a h00 insted of a g00 ). its probably not but i know very little about baseband versions and how they work..
so if someone knows how to change this or revert to 4.4.2 let me know... in fact let everyone in nl know because ALOT of people are effected. and i can guarantee you both vodafone nl and google wont do sheit for another month or so... turning my awesome n7 lte superfly into a wifi/tether dependant companion

edit.......

duh so i should read before i write i think... lol
so how do i flash the previous radio image of the 4.4.2 baseband code. im rooted and i dont mind if i have to flash stock 4.4.2 but i would like to avoid this if possible. ive set it up just fine as is and to waste my time back tracking again is just annoying..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405081020724.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	2845596  

godutch
Old
(Last edited by godutch; 11th July 2014 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 227
the old radio is the the old factory image, I guess you could take this and use
Code:
Select Code
fastboot flash radio <nameofradio.img>
but I would wait until someone confirms that this can be done like this because flashing the wrong radio can hardbrick your tablet

I took a risk and tried it but the old image softbricks the tablet
All dutch citizens please sign this petition demanding a referendum to leave the EU: http://www.burgerforumeu.nl/

Nicz0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I'm just waiting it out. It's a pain to have no 4g but it's a bigger pain to hard brick and have no n7.

I'm not quite up to side loading a radio. I've never done it before

I mite just give in after a while flash back to factory.2 image rinse and repeat.

godutch
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicz0 View Post
Yeah I'm just waiting it out. It's a pain to have no 4g but it's a bigger pain to hard brick and have no n7.

I'm not quite up to side loading a radio. I've never done it before

I mite just give in after a while flash back to factory.2 image rinse and repeat.

I tried it, with the old radio the device just doesn't boot but no hard brick, flashing the new radio again makes it boot again.

I think we need to bug Asus, Vodafone and Google about this....

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=73236
All dutch citizens please sign this petition demanding a referendum to leave the EU: http://www.burgerforumeu.nl/

Nicz0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I pm'd Franklinvv to see how he flashed the old radio and got it working. My fear is that Google are to busy with bigger things and Vodafone are notoriously slow to do anything that is not directly effecting profit.

I have a multi SIM and all they guys at the Vodafone shop said I'll be very lucky to get any help at all. Until a new update arrives those of you with stock everything are a lil screwed. That's why I'm trying to see how to load the radio The way Franklinvv did it.

"whatever with your however"

godutch
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinvv View Post
I flashed an older radio image, and that one's working. However, since I see only 1 other person who has reported this problem over the past few days, I am wondering whether we have a defect in our hardware that emerges when using the new radio. If it would be purely software, I would expect a lot more reports about this defect.
Where did you get that radio from?

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicz0 View Post
I pm'd Franklinvv to see how he flashed the old radio and got it working. My fear is that Google are to busy with bigger things and Vodafone are notoriously slow to do anything that is not directly effecting profit.

I have a multi SIM and all they guys at the Vodafone shop said I'll be very lucky to get any help at all. Until a new update arrives those of you with stock everything are a lil screwed. That's why I'm trying to see how to load the radio The way Franklinvv did it.

"whatever with your however"
I managed to get it working, after flashing the radio from 4.4.2 I factory reset the device, do that see below

1. Hold power button for 2 seconds and select 'Power Off'
2. Hold 'Volume Down' button and press power button
3. An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
4. Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
5. Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
6. An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
7. While holding down the Power key, tap the Volume Up key.
8. The Android System Recovery screen will appear. Release all keys.
9. Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data cache partition and press the Power key to select.
10. The phone will restart.

godutch
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Did anyone affected by this bug buy the tablet via the play store? If so I urge you to contact google, they can and will check for devices sold via the play store via imei if you contact them. I bought mine via a german webshop and tried contacting them but they said I should seek help via the store I bought it from or Asus

https://support.google.com/googlepla...3107761?hl=en#