Lollipop factory image for Nexus 7 (2013) LTE finally available

Search This thread

abhaykelkar

Aug 26, 2012
Thane
Samsung Galaxy S21+
how did you install using that toolkit...can you tell me the steps please? thanks :)

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Installed using wugs toolkit. With no problems.

how did you install using that toolkit...can you tell me the steps please? thanks :)

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

BootUnlocker for Nexus Devices
then
Remove -w from install script

I kind of pieced together multiple articles..... How to unlock without wiping device, and how to install factory image without wiping device. I should have bookmarked them, but I forgot.... You'll find them if you search. If I can find them I'll post them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

http://webtrickz.com/unlock-nexus-5-bootloader-without-wiping-data/

http://www.howtogeek.com/176284/how...-without-waiting-by-flashing-a-factory-image/

Thanks for the URLs. Where did you get flash-all.bat script from?

andyskelly

Mar 28, 2013
how did you install using that toolkit...can you tell me the steps please? thanks 

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

how did you install using that toolkit...can you tell me the steps please? thanks 

Hi. If you go to Android development and look under the wugs toolkit thread, it will explain it.

abhaykelkar

Aug 26, 2012
Thane
Samsung Galaxy S21+

Hi. If you go to Android development and look under the wugs toolkit thread, it will explain it.

Thanks but I did it by myself using the toolkit. Now on Lollipop 5.0.2. Will now do a root using the same toolkit. :)

ruskastud

Feb 28, 2006

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Thanks for the URLs. Where did you get flash-all.bat script from?

It's in the factory image .zip........

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

pirx73

Feb 12, 2013
Adazi
My tablet got an 5.0.2 OTA 3 days after Google posted factory images.
No problems so far. Except that lockscreen widgets got removed, i know Google got rid of them.
Too bad, i liked the feature.
And settings menu is ... ugly. I despise Material Design and it's "flatness".
I think Google has to work on this one. Rumors are that 5.1 is near.

xunxun

Dec 15, 2010
I've upgraded to 5.02 but still waiting for CF-Auto-Root for the 5.02 upgrade.

nexus7lte

Sep 24, 2013
xunxun- re-read my post, download the cf autoroot for the nexus 7 5.0 wifi variant, it works for the lte version just fine for root

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is this tablet still worth getting? I have the wifi version and I've been wanting to upgrade to the LTE version for so long because I have a VZ micro sim with unlimited data I can use with it. I used to use the hotspot all the time because i wanted to get around my work's network because of restrictions.

I had a few questions

1) would I still be able to use the hotspot feature on the LTE tablet to share with other devices?
2) how often do you guys use your LTE tablet over your phone?

I'm seeing used ones for 200 on amazon and I have 140 bucks of credit to use from amazon. Any input would be great

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you explain how?

BootUnlocker for Nexus Devices
    then
    Remove -w from install script

I kind of pieced together multiple articles..... How to unlock without wiping device, and how to install factory image without wiping device. I should have bookmarked them, but I forgot.... You'll find them if you search. If I can find them I'll post them.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

http://webtrickz.com/unlock-nexus-5-bootloader-without-wiping-data/

http://www.howtogeek.com/176284/how...-without-waiting-by-flashing-a-factory-image/

I flashed the factory image of 5.0.2 and managed to not wipe my device..... No problems so far.......

guys so hows the 5.0.2 ?
    faster?slower? same?
    bugs? issues?

wanting to flash but need to confirm first
    Same or just a little bit faster. Battery life the same or even better.
    No bugs or issues so far, rooted easily with SuperSU, only thing missing is SMS and tethering (I suppose, havent tried tethering yet)
    Just got the ota for my 2013 nexus 7 LTE. Odd because earlier today the update wasn't available then it popped up around 2pm Eastern.

So far it feels like it's flying compared to kit kat. Didn't wipe just installed then cleared the cache. Touchscreen seems better too, as in it feels fixed where as before there was a persistent dead spot near the backspace key in landscape. I'm swyping without aggravation! I understand there's a memory leak problem so performance may deteriorate over time but so far so good. Nice improvement. Not a fan of the combined configuration/notification bars though.

Haven't tried LTE yet just Wi-Fi.