Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more
Thread Closed

Timur Followers, where to now?

OP bossman137

9th July 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
bossman137's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sandy
Thanks Meter: 52
 
236 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
So I went ahead a few months back and bought the timur kernal for my n7 2013, then i got busy. Now i go back to the main source of support, his thread right here in this general section and find out that it was closed almost a month ago! I understand the reasoning but also would love to know where to go to for supports and updates, what's everyone doing now that bough his kernal?
10th July 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #2  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman137

So I went ahead a few months back and bought the timur kernal for my n7 2013, then i got busy. Now i go back to the main source of support, his thread right here in this general section and find out that it was closed almost a month ago! I understand the reasoning but also would love to know where to go to for supports and updates, what's everyone doing now that bough his kernal?

As of now there is nowhere ....

You can contact him directly for support ....

Hopefully we can find a home soon ....since xda wont accommodate us



Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
10th July 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I dont understand how we are allowed to talk about tasker but we cant talk about the software package from Timur. It reeks of favoritism.
10th July 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Agreed. Extremely arrogant move.
10th July 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #5  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
It has more to do with all the whiny - no skill devs who constantly complain about him not releasing the sources to his kernel ...probably because they cant accomplish the same on there own.

This is the on going theme here with many roms and many highly skilled devs


You see it in any dev section where the devs get reported on for stealing work even though they are the ones who created it. Its a wonder some devs even keep there work public anymore , cause it is constantly happening

As usual the whiners ruin it for everyone ...its a shame but thats the world for you

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
10th July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway

It has more to do with all the whiny - no skill devs who constantly complain about him not releasing the sources to his kernel ...probably because they cant accomplish the same on there own.

This is the on going theme here with many roms and many highly skilled devs


You see it in any dev section where the devs get reported on for stealing work even though they are the ones who created it. Its a wonder some devs even keep there work public anymore , cause it is constantly happening

As usual the whiners ruin it for everyone ...its a shame but thats the world for you

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

I could swear I have seen some devs on here supporting their paid apps for certain phones.


Quote:

11. Donít post with the intention of selling something.
Donít use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...da-developers/
10th July 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNL

I could swear I have seen some devs on here supporting their paid apps for certain phones.




http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...da-developers/

I know eh lol

Someone didnt get there cut 🙈🙉🙊

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #8  
stamatis's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks Meter: 1,099
 
2,929 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNL

I could swear I have seen some devs on here supporting their paid apps for certain phones.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...da-developers/

Did you read the article you linked??

Let me point some things to you that you obviously missed:

Quote:

Now, a big chunk of Rule 11 deals with other topics aside from paid apps

Quote:

Pro-Tip #1 – Sell in the correct area

If you have a paid app that you are advertising on xda-developers, it must be posted in the Paid Software Announcement and Discussion section, which has a few guidelines that need to be followed before posting. To save you some reading, you must be a member in good standing with some good history behind you on the site. This way, we ensure that people are not here solely to sell stuff.

Quote:

Pro-Tip #3 – Link =| Spam

Be mindful of the amount of advertising you do with your paid work. Again, you can link from within the thread of your free version. However, you cannot include direct links to your paid apps in your signature, profile, or anywhere else. You can, however, put links to your free app threads in the aforementioned places, which already contain links to the paid counterparts. Simply put, you must first present your free app before you direct others to your paid work.



Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway

I know eh lol

Someone didnt get there cut ������

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't know what you mean, but xda has never gotten any money from developers, except from volunteer donations to the site that anyone can make.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway

It has more to do with all the whiny - no skill devs who constantly complain about him not releasing the sources to his kernel ...

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...s-and-the-gpl/
Quote:

As a result, we would like to clarify our position on the GPL, and users’ obligations to this effect. By posting your work on XDA-Developers, you are agreeing that it complies with relevant licensing conditions. As such, by posting a kernel or other work containing GPL code, you are confirming to us that you have made this source code available publicly under the GPL, and should highlight this in your thread with a link.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornh

Agreed. Extremely arrogant move.

How is it arrogant?
Please read the forum rules.(8,11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNL

I dont understand how we are allowed to talk about tasker but we cant talk about the software package from Timur. It reeks of favoritism.

If you see any download link of any paid app please use the report button and the moderation team will take care of it.
Please read the forum rules.(6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman137

So I went ahead a few months back and bought the timur kernal for my n7 2013, then i got busy. Now i go back to the main source of support, his thread right here in this general section and find out that it was closed almost a month ago! I understand the reasoning but also would love to know where to go to for supports and updates, what's everyone doing now that bough his kernal?

The thread was closed for a reason so you can assume not in the xda forum as long as the kernel remains donation only. You can contact the original developer and ask him.




Thread closed.
I hope I answered your questions, for any comments or further discussion you can contact me via pm.
Last edited by stamatis; 11th July 2014 at 11:12 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) General by ThreadRank