What is the best android version for Nexus 7 2013? LL? KK? MM?

Search This thread

xMayonnaise

Apr 30, 2016
I am planning to flash my Nexus 7 2013 of a new android OS version. I would like to seek for your help.

fp1707

Feb 25, 2016
Los Angeles
I'm dual booting MM and LP right now. I tried going back go KK hoping lag would subside. But I miss lots of the new things. Unlike iOS where the OS is purposefully made laggy, android runs really smooth on the latest OS. On my iOS device I'd rather downgrade(if it were to be possible) since getting the new features are pretty easy(everything's in cydia)+ iOS 6 and older looks great when Steve was alive . On android getting new features is not as easy and often they are pretty buggy when ported. And old version of android isn't aesthetically attractive to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr 911

mr 911

Oct 18, 2014
Hey, running pure nexus on nexus 7 2013 really fast and full of great features also tryed cm13 nightly but battery life was poo, I'm looking now for a new ROM like purr nexus but want better battery also always do a back up before trying new ROMs belive me when ur buzzing to boot into ur new ROM things go wrong lol peace x

echow2001

Jul 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I'm using stock mm rooted and it works great. KitKat is a little faster but not enough to give up the new features. Closed causes my tablet to periodically not want to boot up or to boot really slowly so I got rid of it.

OneDon

May 10, 2016
Brooklyn
Tbh if your system can go back to KK I'd suggest it. Lol might sound old but that's one of the best updates thereabout. MM is second in line tho due to it being really smooth and has tons of features also a lot of ROM support.

bailyc

Feb 15, 2013
For those on MM, how has your battery drain in doze been? I updated to MM and let it "optimize" for weeks, and the drain never got better than -10% overnight. Completely unacceptable. I flashed and reinstalled after a factory reset, and got the same results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Marshmallow works great, minimal lag and the latest security updates
    I use Slimroms' Slimkat and absolutely love it. I'm using it to type this right now on my Nexus 7 2013.
    I'm dual booting MM and LP right now. I tried going back go KK hoping lag would subside. But I miss lots of the new things. Unlike iOS where the OS is purposefully made laggy, android runs really smooth on the latest OS. On my iOS device I'd rather downgrade(if it were to be possible) since getting the new features are pretty easy(everything's in cydia)+ iOS 6 and older looks great when Steve was alive . On android getting new features is not as easy and often they are pretty buggy when ported. And old version of android isn't aesthetically attractive to me.
    IMO kitkat is the most stable. But MM has the newest features and aesthetics and is quite stable too. LP was crap.