[Q] Best way to get SMS to work (CM11)

OP ZacHcaZ

4th August 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
I recently installed the latest CM 11 from get.cm (11.0-InstallerXNPQ29S) on my N7 LTE and I was wondering how I get the SMS to work on it? I see that it has an option to set which default SMS app to use in the settings, but whenever I try to send a SMS in the default SMS app, it sits at sending for a few minutes, then fails. I have disabled Voice+ and my wireless carrier is Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by ZacHcaZ; 6th August 2014 at 02:46 PM.
5th August 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #2  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 13

215 posts
Are you using a Verizon phone sim? The Verizon messaging app on the market works great; I have it set up on my girlfriend's Sero 7 Pro to receive texts from her S4.
6th August 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60626

Are you using a Verizon phone sim? The Verizon messaging app on the market works great; I have it set up on my girlfriend's Sero 7 Pro to receive texts from her S4.

Yeah I am using a Verizon phone sim. It looks like I'm already using a similar app (Mightytext) to forward my texts for the time being. I was hoping to find a way to make use of the default Android SMS app or Google Hangouts SMS on the N7.
Last edited by ZacHcaZ; 6th August 2014 at 02:46 PM.
6th August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 22

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacHcaZ

I recently installed the latest CM 11 from get.cm (11.0-InstallerXNPQ29S) on my N7 LTE and I was wondering how I get the SMS to work on it? I see that it has an option to set which default SMS app to use in the settings, but whenever I try to send a SMS in the default SMS app, it sits at sending for a few minutes, then fails. I have disabled Voice+ and my wireless carrier is Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2562026
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, nexus 7, sms
Previous Thread Next Thread