Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best way to get SMS to work (CM11)

Tip us?

ZacHcaZ
Old
(Last edited by ZacHcaZ; 6th August 2014 at 02:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Best way to get SMS to work (CM11)

I recently installed the latest CM 11 from get.cm (11.0-InstallerXNPQ29S) on my N7 LTE and I was wondering how I get the SMS to work on it? I see that it has an option to set which default SMS app to use in the settings, but whenever I try to send a SMS in the default SMS app, it sits at sending for a few minutes, then fails. I have disabled Voice+ and my wireless carrier is Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
My Devices
Samsung S3 (CM 11)
Nexus 7 LTE (CM 11)

bob60626
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Are you using a Verizon phone sim? The Verizon messaging app on the market works great; I have it set up on my girlfriend's Sero 7 Pro to receive texts from her S4.
T-Mobile Note 2, unlocked AT&T Note 8, LTE Nexus 7

ZacHcaZ
Old
(Last edited by ZacHcaZ; 6th August 2014 at 02:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60626 View Post
Are you using a Verizon phone sim? The Verizon messaging app on the market works great; I have it set up on my girlfriend's Sero 7 Pro to receive texts from her S4.
Yeah I am using a Verizon phone sim. It looks like I'm already using a similar app (Mightytext) to forward my texts for the time being. I was hoping to find a way to make use of the default Android SMS app or Google Hangouts SMS on the N7.
My Devices
Samsung S3 (CM 11)
Nexus 7 LTE (CM 11)

Larz2.2
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacHcaZ View Post
I recently installed the latest CM 11 from get.cm (11.0-InstallerXNPQ29S) on my N7 LTE and I was wondering how I get the SMS to work on it? I see that it has an option to set which default SMS app to use in the settings, but whenever I try to send a SMS in the default SMS app, it sits at sending for a few minutes, then fails. I have disabled Voice+ and my wireless carrier is Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2562026
Tags
cm11, nexus 7, sms