FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Broken USB?

30th August 2014, 02:23 PM |#1  
jxl69's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I've had a charger go boom (explode). And since then I can't connect my nexus to PC via USB neither does the tablet itself recognize when it's being powered, altho it charges. No indication tho that charging is going on just eventually it reaches 100%

Any ideas if there's some kind of fix for this? I doubt I can return it to RMA since it wasn't charged by original charger and even more importantly the thing is rooted with custom ROM. Without being able to connect via USB to do fastboot commands i can't even return the thing to the stock. Nothing is working via USB connector. Tablet just doesn't recognize anything being attached. PC host or charger

I've opened it and tried disconnecting battery and connecting it again but that didn't help. USB connector doesn't seem to be fried tho.


Any suggestions are welcome
 
 
31st August 2014, 06:11 AM |#2  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Adb over wifi 😉

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
31st August 2014, 01:40 PM |#3  
jxl69's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway

Adb over wifi 😉

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

Already am using adb over wireless but that doesn't solve my flashing problem. I can't flash from sideload and even more importantly that doesn't work for fastboot commands in bootloader.

Also transfering files over wifi is pain in the ...
6th April 2015, 04:58 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Trollhättan
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxl69

Already am using adb over wireless but that doesn't solve my flashing problem. I can't flash from sideload and even more importantly that doesn't work for fastboot commands in bootloader.

Also transfering files over wifi is pain in the ...

did you find any solution to you usb problem?

Im in the same boat, after my usb cable got squezed in my car door my nexus 7 2013 wont connect to anything (PC, DAC or usb stick)

what i could se om the cable was that the power +5 got connected to one of the data leads.

/Diio
6th April 2015, 05:08 PM |#5  
jxl69's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diio

did you find any solution to you usb problem?

Im in the same boat, after my usb cable got squezed in my car door my nexus 7 2013 wont connect to anything (PC, DAC or usb stick)

what i could se om the cable was that the power +5 got connected to one of the data leads.

/Diio

Nope haven't bothered. Probably I would need to do some soldering. I'm just being happy I can power the thing and use it wirelessly. It will be pain in the a** when I'll need to upgrade bootloader.
6th April 2015, 05:13 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Trollhättan
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxl69

Nope haven't bothered. Probably I would need to do some soldering. I'm just being happy I can power the thing and use it wirelessly. It will be pain in the a** when I'll need to upgrade bootloader.

ok, was looking to buy a new charging board and change it allt but the price was 80 USD and a used nexus cost about 110USD so didnt see the point there. problably going to buy another one to have in the car and then use this on att home for surfing or something.

thx for fast awnser
7th April 2015, 06:48 PM |#7  
player911's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 952
 
Donate to Me
More
I use wireless charging. Doesn't solve fastboot and other issues but at least you can use it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank