Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Overclocking

Tip us?

LittleConfucy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question [Q] Overclocking

Is it safe to overclock the processor and GPU a bit? Asking this since this tablet's processor is simply an underclocked Snapdragon 600.
(If I do, I'll be using ElementalX)

Flipz77
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I don't think it makes that much sense. The s4 pro is already fast and does everything (and I mean everything) 600s and 800s can (obviously not considering chipset-specific tasks that our devices are not capable of in any case). I own a n4, same exact SoC and clock speed, and overclocking can be done up to 1.75 GHz. Even if I were to overclock I'd avoid the GPU. In any case follow the instructions provided by your kernel dev, he surely knows best
The Following User Says Thank You to Flipz77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bonerock
Old
Thanks Meter 5
When you install ElementalX, the installer will guide you.
I'd recommmend you to overclock the cpu to 1.7 GHz and the gpu to 450 MHz. With everything else, just stick to the default.

LittleConfucy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerock View Post
When you install ElementalX, the installer will guide you.
I'd recommmend you to overclock the cpu to 1.7 GHz and the gpu to 450 MHz. With everything else, just stick to the default.
I overclocked to 1.7 GHz and the GPU up to 491 MHz, but the performance improvement wasn't even notable and I got only 800 more points on AnTuTu and 3 or 4 more FPS on 3DMark